After-school care Monday-Friday for kids in grades K-5, providing fun and educational programs with caring staff members.
Registration for the 2023-24 school year is now open!
Find instructions here >>
Schedule Changes: If you need to change your schedule, please let us know 30 days in advance of the change by submitting this form >>
Kidstown Quick Links: Program Details | Rates | Discounts | Transportation | Policies
What You Get With Kidstown:
- A place where children thrive in a safe and engaging environment before and after school. We supplement your child’s day with educational games, arts + crafts, homework help, and recreational activities in a warm, inviting space.
- Swim with Kidstown! Twice a week kids swim in our indoor pool.
- Flexibility: Give us 24-hours’ notice and, as long as we have room, your kids are welcome to drop in.
- Free transportation: Mercer Island School District buses drop off after school at the J.
- Coordination with enrichment classes and swim lessons: Kidstown staff shuttles kids to and from classes and swim lessons.
- Discounts: Save with early bird and sibling discounts!
Join us at Kidstown! Registration for the 2023-24 school year is now open.
Need registration help? Find instructions here >>
Fall 2023 Kidstown: Aug. 30-Dec. 18
- September 4 – Labor Day
- September 15 – Rosh Hashanah
- September 25 – Yom Kippur
- October 9 – Professional Development *
- November 10 – Veterans Day*
- November 20-22 – Thanksgiving Break*
- November 23-24 – Thanksgiving
- December 18-29 – Winter Break*
Winter 2023-24 Kidstown: Jan. 2-Feb. 23
- January 1 – New Year’s Day
- January 15 – MLK Day*
- January 22 – Professional Development *
- February 19-23 – Mid-Winter Break*
Spring 2024 Kidstown: Feb. 26-June 21
- March 15 – Professional Development *
- March 29 – Weather Makeup Day**
- April 8-12 – Spring Break*
- April 22-23 – Passover
- May 24 – Weather Makeup Day**
- May 27 – Memorial Day
- June 19 – Juneteenth
*School’s Out J Camp + after-camp care is available when Kidstown is closed.
** If there are no inclement weather closures, this day will run as regular Kidstown.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday | 3-6:30 pm
Wednesday | 2:30-6:30 pm
Need to make a change to your schedule? Not coming as planned? Let us know. Fill-out this change of schedule form >>
All rates are listed below are monthly. If you decide to cancel enrollment for any reason, we require 30 days notice.
2023-24 Kidstown Rates
Days Per Week Member Price Guest Price
One Day/Week $125 $145
Two Days/Week $210 $245
Three Days/Week $285 $330
Four Days/Week $350 $405
Five Days/Week $415 $465
- Member – $34 | Guest – $40
- Wednesday Afternoon: Member – $46 | Guest – $55
- Must register at least 24 hours in advance.
2023-24 Pre-Class Care
Pre-class care is available for children arriving at the J by bus or who attend FASPS to attend enrichment or swim lessons.
There is no charge for classes that begin at or before 4:30 pm.
Pre-care for classes that begin after 4:30 pm, is $15/session.
Sibling Discount – sign up a sibling and save 10%
Join us in Kidstown! Registration is now open.
Find instructions here >>
If your child attends a Mercer Island School District school, they can take the bus to the J for Kidstown! Kidstown staff meet the buses and bring kids inside. For transportation from an MISD elementary school, please contact your school or school transportation office directly.
- Activities will comply with COVID-19 guidelines.
- Small cohorts: children will be assigned to a group for the week and will stay with that group for all camp activities.
- Capacities: Kidstown has a capacity limit. If you are not able to register because a timeslot is not available, we will place you on a wait list. You will be notified of this via email.
- Drop-Ins: For drop-in reservations, you must register 24 hours in advance and are only available if space is available.
- Schedule Changes: If you need to change your schedule, please let us know 30 days in advance of the change by submitting this form >>
- This is not an inclusive list of all COVID-19 protocols at the J. Check out our Welcome Back page for full details of current policies and procedures, which apply to J Kids in addition to those listed here.
Contact Youth + Recreation at email@example.com or call 206-388-1991.