Celebrate Jewish holidays and more with the J and our partners.
Celebrate Jewish holidays, community festivals, and annual observances with the J throughout the calendar year! Join us this month for all of April’s celebrations and observances.
Latest from the J:
- Yom Hazikaron + Yom Ha’atzmaut (4/9/2021) - This week marks two holidays: Yom Hazikaron (Israeli Memorial Day) and Yom Ha'atzmaut (Israel Independence Day). Celebrate and honor these holidays with remembrances, songs, food, and our special Yom Ha'atzmaut DIY wine tasting.
- Honoring Yom HaShoah (4/5/2021) - Learn about Yom HaShoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day) and how we honor the holiday.
- Happy Passover from the J! (3/23/2021) - Happy Passover from the J! Learn about the story of Passover, how we celebrate, and some fun and delicious SJCC events for the holiday.
- Let’s Celebrate Purim! (2/22/2021) - Let's celebrate Purim! Purim, which literally means “lots,” has become a thankful and joyous celebration of Jewish survival. Now we celebrate with costumes, parties, music, and of course the HAMANtaschen cookie! Let's celebrate together...
- Holiday Celebration: Tu Bishvat (1/25/2021) - Often called the "Jewish Earth Day," Tu Bishvat has become a time to connect traditional Jewish values of taking care of the Earth with today's environmental values. Learn more on how to celebrate, including this year's Big Bold Jewish Climate Fest.
Yom Ha’atzmaut DIY Israeli Wine Tasting
Raise a glass as we celebrate Yom Ha'atzmaut (Israel Independence Day) with a curated DIY wine tasti...
Lag B’Omer Spring Fest
Join us in the J's Kesher Community Garden for a Lag B'Omer celebration with a bonfire, crafts, s'mo...
Virtual Cooking Demo: Pastry Chef Laurie Pfalzer, “Simple Fruit”
Join us for a Shavuot cooking demonstration with pastry chef Laurie Pfalzer, as she shows us how to ...
For full calendar of community events, CLICK HERE.