Connect to Jewish life and culture through holiday celebrations, family events, classes, and more. We are excited to announce our new SJCCtv series “Light of the World” hosted by ECS teacher Emily Schankerman. Watch:
Latest from the J:
- Celebrating the High Holidays (9/6/2021) - The High Holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur mark the start of the Jewish New Year. Learn more about how we celebrate these holidays, traditional greetings, and all the great holiday programming at the J.
- Shana Tova from the SJCC (9/3/2021) - Rolling into September and the Jewish New Year, SJCC CEO Amy Lavin shares the excitement of fall at the J. Plus: an update on the J’s new COVID-19 mitigation protocols.
- Celebrating Pride Month (6/7/2021) - June is Pride Month. The annual celebration provides a wide variety of opportunities for us to celebrate, teach, learn and demonstrate our pride for the LGBTQ community. Learn more.
- Giving Initiative For Teens Raises Over $22,000 for Local Organizations (5/20/2021) - The 2020-21 teen philanthropists in the Giving Initiative for Teens (GIFT) raised more than $22,000 for five local organizations, which were distributed at a grant ceremony on May 19.
- Let’s Celebrate Shauvot (5/13/2021) - Celebrate Shavuot with the J! Join us at our Tootsie Roll Torah Trot on Sunday as we celebrate the giving of the Torah on Mt. Sinai. Learn more about the holiday!
- S’mores, Strawberries, Bees and More (5/3/2021) - On Sunday, May 2 in the J’s Kesher Community Garden we held our Lag B'Omer Spring Fest, a celebration for the entire family, including a bonfire, crafts, s’mores, and more. Take a look at the fun.
- Let’s Celebrate Lag B’Omer (4/22/2021) - Bonfires, music, haircuts, and more! Learn about Lag B’Omer and how we celebrate.
- Yom Hazikaron + Yom Ha’atzmaut (4/9/2021) - This week marks two holidays: Yom Hazikaron (Israeli Memorial Day) and Yom Ha'atzmaut (Israel Independence Day). Celebrate and honor these holidays with remembrances, songs, food, and our special Yom Ha'atzmaut DIY wine tasting.