Explore thought-provoking Jewish topics and teachings, deepen connections to the holidays, and introduce kids + teens to Judaic programming.
For full list of events, visit our EVENTS CALENDAR.
Latest from the J:
- Holidays + Celebrations (9/28/2022) - Celebrate Jewish holidays, community festivals, and annual observances with the J throughout the calendar year. Coming up: High Holidays!
- SJCC Members Go for the Gold (7/13/2022) - SJCC members Al Moscatel and Charlie Barokas have been training at the J for the past year in preparation for the 2022 Maccabi Games this month. "It's an unbelievable, life-changing experience," Moscatel said. Read more >>
- Using their Voices to Make Concrete Change (6/9/2022) - Giving Initiative for Teens raises $7,000 to grant to local nonprofits. Read more >>
- Celebrating Pride Month (5/31/2022) - June is Pride Month. The annual celebration provides a wide variety of opportunities for us to celebrate, teach, learn and demonstrate our pride for the LGBTQ+ community. Learn more and find local events!
- Lag B’Omer Celebration (5/18/2022) - Lag B’Omer begins this evening (Wednesday, May 18) and ends at sundown on Thursday, May 19. Despite the rain this past weekend the J celebrated with our Lag B'Omer Garden Party on Sunday, May 15. From trays of s'mores to friends + families having lots of fun, it was a great day at the J
- Challenge Accepted! Families Give Back During the J’s Volunteer Challenge (4/21/2022) - Fifteen families joined the Mitzvah Corps Volunteer Challenge this spring. "It's helped me appreciate what I have," said 14-year-old Roland Liu. "You're helping other people and you get to see the immediate impact of what you're doing."
- Seattle Jewish Community Ukraine Challenge (4/1/2022) - Double your dollars for Ukrainian children and families through the Seattle Jewish Community Ukraine Challenge today! Now through April 30, every dollar you contribute to the Challenge will be matched dollar for dollar, DOUBLING your donation.
- Hitting the Trails (1/20/2022) - On Monday local teens gathered to clean local trails for Tu B’Shevat and Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Enjoy these photos from our Mitzvah Corps day of service.
Teen Judaic Programming
Teens can make new friends, explore Judaic life, and learn about philanthropy.
- Giving Initiative for Teens (GIFT): Combining philanthropy + Jewish values for 9th-12th graders. Learn more >>
- NEW! MyChai: 18 Jewish things a young Jew should know, care about, and be able to do by age 18. For 6th-9th graders. Learn more >>
- Teen Peer Groups: A chance for teens to explore how Jewish values and traditions help guide them during their teenage years. For 6th-9th graders. Learn more >>
The SJCC’s volunteer program, Mitzvah Corps, addresses the needs of our local community through volunteer opportunities and outreach programs where neighbors can help neighbors.
Celebrate Jewish holidays, community festivals, and annual observances with the J throughout the calendar year. Coming up: High Holidays!