SJCC has a wide range of swim lessons, including group lessons for kids (3-12), private and semi-private lessons, adaptive lessons, and more.
Working within the Washington Safe Start guidelines, we offer swim lessons and we can’t wait to see you at the J.
Swim Lessons Menu: Group Swim Lessons | Private/Semi-Private Lessons | Adaptive Lessons | Policies + Procedures
Group Swim Lessons
SJCC offers group swim lessons for ages 6 months to 12 years. Classes include:
- Lil’ Bubblers (6-36 months)
- Toddler Transitions (ages 2-3)
- Preschool (3-6)
- Youth (6-12)
- Pre-Comp (6-12)
- Developmental Swim Team (6-12)
- Recreational Water Polo (8-14)
We offer lessons on a seasonal basis. Check out our sessions:
- Up Next: Spring Group Swim Lessons
- Session I: Feb. 26 – Apr. 29 (Registration opens Feb. 6)
- Session II: Apr. 30 – June 17 (Registration opens Apr. 10)
- Coming Soon: Summer Group Swim Lessons (June 26 – Aug. 24)
- Current Session: Winter Group Swim Lessons (Jan. 3 – Feb. 18)
Download the 2022-23 J Kids calendar here >>
• Prices vary by type of class and number of classes in each section. See description for price.
Click the links above to find details about each session at the J. Questions? Contact Aquatics@sjcc.org and an Aquatics team member will get back you.
Note: Due to the national lifeguard shortage, we are unable to offer private/semi-private lessons at this time. Please take a look at our group swim lesson program to make a splash at the J. For more on private and semi-private lessons at the J, click here >>
Adaptive Swim Lessons
Our Adaptive Swim Lessons program is for children and adults in partnership with Nurturing Water Therapies. The program uses techniques that place emphasis on swimming skills modified or adapted to accommodate individual abilities, needs, and goals, regardless of age. Lessons are created for, but not limited to, those with anxiety, physical, sensory, communication, or behavior challenges.
For more information, click here >>
Policies + Procedures
- Before coming to the J, please review our full policies, including: mask + vaccine requirements, information on towel service, locker rooms and water fountain access; and more… click here >>
- There is no towel service; please bring your own.
- To cancel enrollment in an Aquatics Program including private swim lessons, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org 7 days prior to the session/lesson start date.
- Refunds are available if email is sent 7 days prior to the session start date.
- Refunds, credits, and make-up classes are not available for any missed group lessons or lifeguard training classes.
You must be logged in to post a comment.