SJCC has a wide range of swim lessons, including group lessons for kids (3-12), private and semi-private lessons, special needs lessons, and more.
Working within the Washington Safe Start guidelines, we offer swim lessons and we can’t wait to see you at the J.
Group Swim Lessons
SJCC offers group swim lessons for ages 3 to 12 years.
2021 Fall Swim Lessons
NOTE: Swim lessons were scheduled to begin on Sept. 13. Due to a delay in pool repairs, lessons will now begin on Sept. 20. For those already registered, a member of the aquatics team will be in contact with you about scheduling make-up dates for the lost week. Questions: email email@example.com.
Fall Session I Dates: Sept. 13 – Oct. 31 (Registration Opens: July 26)
Fall Session II Dates: Nov. 1 – Dec. 19 (Registration Opens: July 26)
• Prices vary by type of class and number of classes in each section. Click here to learn more >>
Click the links above to find details about each session at the J. Questions? Contact Aquatics@sjcc.org and an Aquatics team member will get back you.
Private and semi-private lessons are a great way to introduce kids to the water with more one-on-one attention or to help adults refine their stroke or prepare for a triathlon.
Lessons are 30 minutes long and are available:
- Monday-Thursday, 2:00 – 6:00 pm
- Saturday-Sunday, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm
For more on SJCC’s private and semi-private lessons, click here.
Our Special Needs swim program is for children and adults with special needs and is designed to help them learn adaptive tools and strategies to swim safely in the water, increase strength, mobility, and function through aquatic techniques. A partnership with Nurturing Water Therapies.
For more information, click here >>
Policies + Procedures
- Showers are closed and towel service is unavailable. Bring plenty of dry towels with you.
- Children should come prepared to swim in their swimsuit. Bathrobes and flip-flops are recommended.
- Only one adult is allowed in the building with younger swimmers (3-4 yrs). If we reach capacity, adults may have to wait outside and come back inside for pickup.
- Our instructors wear a face mask or shield when working directly with students
- All equipment will be sanitized after each lesson.
- For cancellations after a session has started: the SJCC will issue credit for remaining classes to be used for future lessons.
Please review the new fitness/aquatics policies + procedures here >>