SJCC has a wide range of swim lessons, including group lessons for kids (3-12), private and semi-private lessons, adaptive lessons, and more.
Working within the Washington Safe Start guidelines, we offer swim lessons and we can’t wait to see you at the J.
Group Swim Lessons
SJCC offers group swim lessons for ages 3 to 12 years.
Basics: Join us for our new daily swim lesson option, running Monday through Friday.
Classes meet each day from Monday through Friday. Lessons offered by the week for 10 weeks during summer 2022. Age groups available include Preschool (ages 3-5), Youth (6-12), Pre-comp Swim Team (6-12), and Developmental Swim Team (6-12). We also have Lil’ Bubblers (6-36 months) that will be held monthly (July and August) Registration closes the night prior to start of week.
Cost: Prices and times available vary by type of class and number of classes in each section.
- Week 5: July 18-22 | Week 6: July 25-29
- Week 7: Aug. 1-5 | Week 8: Aug. 8-12
- Week 9: Aug. 15-19 | Week 10: Aug. 22-26
Click here to learn more >> .
COMING UP: Fall Group Swim Lessons
Fall Session I Dates: Sept. 6 – Oct. 28 (Registration Opens: July 18)
• No classes on: Sept. 26, 27, Oct. 4, 5
Fall Session II Dates: Oct. 30 – Dec. 16 (Registration Opens: July 18)
• No classes on: Nov. 11, 24, 25
Ages: 3 to 12 years
• Prices vary by type of class and number of classes in each section. See description for price.
Click the links above to find details about each session at the J. Questions? Contact Aquatics@sjcc.org and an Aquatics team member will get back you.
Private and semi-private lessons are a great way to introduce kids to the water with more one-on-one attention or to help adults refine their stroke or prepare for a triathlon.
Lessons are 30 minutes long and are available:
- Monday – Friday: 9 am – 4:30 pm, 5:30 – 7 pm
- Saturday-Sunday, 10 am – 4 pm
For more on private and semi-private lessons at the J, click here.
Our Adaptive Swim Lessons program is for children and adults in partnership with Nurturing Water Therapies. The program uses techniques that place emphasis on swimming skills modified or adapted to accommodate individual abilities, needs, and goals, regardless of age. Lessons are created for, but not limited to, those with anxiety, physical, sensory, communication, or behavior challenges.
For more information, click here >>
Policies + Procedures
- Before coming to the J, please review our full policies, including: mask + vaccine requirements, information on towel service, locker rooms and water fountain access; and more… click here >>
- There is no towel service; please bring your own.
- Our instructors wear a face mask or shield when working directly with students.
- To cancel a Group Lesson or Lifeguard Training Class you must email Aquatics@sjcc.org
- Refunds are available if email is sent 7 days prior to the session start date.
- Refunds, credits, and make-up classes are not available for any missed group lessons or lifeguard training classes.
- For Private/Semi-Private Lessons, Swim Packages expire one year from the purchase date.
- To cancel a Private/Semi-Private lesson you must email Aquatics@sjcc.org 7 days before the scheduled lesson to avoid lesson charges.
- To cancel/reschedule a Private/Semi-Private lessons 1-6 days before the scheduled lesson there is an $18 rescheduling fee
Please review the new fitness/aquatics policies + procedures here >>