Why Give to the J?
When you support the Stroum Jewish Community Center, you support a place that so many call home.
Double your gift! Thanks to the generosity of a donor, all gifts made between now and December 31, 2017, will be matched dollar for dollar, up to $12,500.
Membership dues, ticket sales, fees, and grants are only part of what keeps the J up and running. Each year, we depend on additional donations from individuals like you to help us fulfill our mission and keep our programs accessible and affordable to the entire Puget Sound region. Below are several ways you can make a gift today and enjoy tax saving benefits.
For more information, please contact Senior Director of Advancement Tammy Cohen or call 206-829-2665. As always, speak with your professional advisor for specific tax benefits to your giving plan.
Make an Outright Gift
Outright gifts provide the quickest and most significant opportunity to put programs and services in place immediately.
- Make your gift of cash online, by mail, or by phone (call Garrett Schultz at 206-388-1991).
- Request a distribution from your qualified donor advised fund or charitable checking account.
- Check if your employer participates in a matching gift program.
Giving a tribute to the J in someone’s honor is a perfect gift for weddings, anniversaries, bar and bat mitzvahs, and remembrances. Tributes are tax-deductible, and we will send a card acknowledging your thoughtfulness to anyone you like.
Use Appreciated Securities or Stocks
- You may receive a charitable income tax deduction and pay no capital gains tax if your gift is made with appreciated stock held for more than one year.
- Donating appreciated stock to make an annual gift, pay a campaign pledge, or create a permanently endowed fund is an excellent way to maximize tax savings and execute your philanthropic goals.
- Please let us know in advance if you plan to transfer stock so that we may monitor the transaction and let you know when it has been executed.
Take advantage of qualified IRA rollover distributions
If you are 70 1/2 years or older you can take advantage of this simple way to benefit the J and receive tax benefits in return.
- You may rollover up to $100,000 from an IRA directly to the Stroum JCC
- The rollover may count against your required minimum distribution. The transfer does not generate taxable income, and you pay no federal income tax on the amount that has been transferred.
Leave a Lasting Legacy
Making sure the J is strong for future generations can be as simple as a beneficiary designation in your will, life insurance policy, 401(k) plan, pension, or retirement account. For more information contact Senior Director of Advancement Tammy Cohen or call 206-829-2665.
Circle of Friends Luncheon
Save the date for the 2018 Luncheon: Thursday, May 10 | 11 am-1 pm
The annual Circle of Friends Luncheon is a great way for our community to come together in support of all the wonderful programs and services the J provides.
Check out the video below for a glimpse at the impact you have on our community.