Why Give to the J?
When you support the Stroum Jewish Community Center, you support a place that so many call home.
Membership dues, ticket sales, fees, and grants are only part of what keeps the J up and running. Each year, we depend on additional donations from individuals like you to help us fulfill our mission and keep our programs accessible and affordable to the entire Puget Sound region. Below are several ways you can make a gift today and enjoy tax saving benefits.
For more information, please contact Senior Director of Advancement Tammy Cohen or call 206-829-2665. As always, speak with your professional advisor for specific tax benefits to your giving plan.
Make an Outright Gift
Outright gifts provide the quickest and most significant opportunity to put programs and services in place immediately.
- Make your gift of cash online, by mail, or by phone (call Jenna Sytman at 206-388-1998).
- Request a distribution from your qualified donor advised fund or charitable checking account.
- Check if your employer participates in a matching gift program.
Join the Chai Society
This is our inaugural year of the Circle of Friends Chai Society. This group of dedicated donors support and energize the J’s growth and assures we remain affordable and welcoming to all:
- More than 175 children explore in a joyful, nurturing environment in our Early Childhood School;
- Nearly 1,200 kids from 21 Puget Sound communities attend 45 different J Camps;
- From north Seattle to the Eastside, more than 2,400 people of all ages participate in year-round community holiday celebrations;
- 6,000 people enjoy more than 40 cultural arts programs in the J’s state-of-the-art auditorium and around the Sound;
- More than 25 films are screened at the annual Seattle Jewish Film Festival
We are grateful to our generous founding partners of the Circle of Friend Chai Society. View donor roll.
Giving a tribute to the J in someone’s honor is a perfect gift for weddings, anniversaries, bar and bat mitzvahs, and remembrances. Tributes are tax-deductible, and we will send a card acknowledging your thoughtfulness to anyone you like.
Use Appreciated Securities or Stocks
- You may receive a charitable income tax deduction and pay no capital gains tax if your gift is made with appreciated stock held for more than one year.
- Donating appreciated stock to make an annual gift, pay a campaign pledge, or create a permanently endowed fund is an excellent way to maximize tax savings and execute your philanthropic goals.
- Please let us know in advance if you plan to transfer stock so that we may monitor the transaction and let you know when it has been executed.
Take advantage of qualified IRA rollover distributions
If you are 70 1/2 years or older you can take advantage of this simple way to benefit the J and receive tax benefits in return.
- You may rollover up to $100,000 from an IRA directly to the Stroum JCC
- The rollover may count against your required minimum distribution. The transfer does not generate taxable income, and you pay no federal income tax on the amount that has been transferred.
Leave a Lasting Legacy
Making sure the J is strong for future generations can be as simple as a beneficiary designation in your will, life insurance policy, 401(k) plan, pension, or retirement account. For more information contact Senior Director of Advancement Tammy Cohen or call 206-829-2665.
Pay Your Pledge
If you would like to make a payment toward your existing pledge, please follow the link below.
Please have your pledge statement and your invoice number ready. Thank you for supporting the J!
If you have questions about your pledge payment, please contact SJCC Development Manager Jenna Sytman or call 206-388-1998.