Community Never Closes – The Power of Your SJCC Membership
Community Never Closes - YOU Power the JAt the SJCC, Community never closes. Your membership powers the J. You create a place where friendships form, traditions thrive, and community strengthens.
YOU bring us together.
YOU connect generations.
YOU power this community.
Because of YOU... community never closes.
Join the J today: https://sjcc.org/join-the-j/ #StroumJCC #CommunityNeverCloses #Membership
- Power of Your J Membership
- Join the J + Membership Resources
- Membership By The Numbers
- Membership in Action
Your membership powers the J! There are so many benefits of being an SJCC member, including…
- A warm and welcoming community that may be physically distant but always here for you.
- Access to a variety of heart-pumping workout options:
- Largest fitness center on Mercer Island with reservation-based workout times to help keep our community safe – with more than 400 spots available weekly as of October 1!
- More than 20 fitness classes both in-person and online every week—from Aquatic Sport to Zumba— so you can stay fit on your own schedule
- A comprehensive aquatics program thanks to our indoor pool, which includes reservation-based lap swim, family swim, aquatics classes, and swim lessons
- Innovative virtual programming that keeps our community connected even when we’re far apart. Since March, our community has been:
- Learning and growing together at more than 80 virtual arts and culture programs
- Singing and dancing along with more than 1,000 families with young children at weekly Tot Shabbat celebrations
- Engaging in deep dialogue and thought-provoking conversations with more than 1,000 families through our community programs
- Select free events and discounts on programs, swim lessons, camps, and more
- Connecting generations of families from the Early Childhood School to J Kids programs (including Summer Camp) to fitness programs and beyond
- And your membership dollars power the J’s work serving the community, including:
- Programs for people of all ages—from babies to bubbies:
- Holiday celebrations, family events, classes, and more that connect you to Jewish life and culture
- Young children sing, laugh, and explore with parents and grandparents
- Kids have space to learn, grow, and have fun through J Kids programs like J-Cation
- Teen programs help power the leaders of tomorrow through Jewish education and philanthropy
- Senior programs for our 55 + better community from lectures to senior fitness classes, to a weekly sidewalk café
- Creating scholarships and opportunities for families in need to attend our Early Childhood School, camp, and other programs
- Helping our neighbors with more than 900 pounds of food donations through our Mitzvah Corps program
- Programs for people of all ages—from babies to bubbies:
- The J is a community that never closes thanks to the power of YOUR J membership. Check out all of programs here >>
Ready to Join or Update Your Membership?
Are you a…
- NEW MEMBER who’s ready to help power our community? Click here for rates and details on how to join >>
- CURRENT MEMBER who needs to update your membership? Click here to fill out our Membership Change Form >>
- NEW! PHILANTHROPIC MEMBER If you’re not coming into the building these days, we have a new way you can remain a member and help power the J community—and get tax benefits!
- Welcome Back Information: Policies, procedures, and things you should know before coming to the J.
- Fitness + Aquatics Reservation Information (Text My Spot): Text My Spot instructions and codes to reserve your timeslot.
- Contact Information:
|I have a question about:||Contact|
|Membership||Senior Director, SJCC Experience Dana Weiner
|Registration, Billing, or Rentals||Account Services Manager Beth Rosen
|Front Desk + J Café||Welcome Desk & J Café Manger Amanda Penland
|Aquatics + Swim Lessons||Aquatics Manager Deanna Almond
|Fitness Center + Personal Training||Senior Manager, Fitness Josh Cross
|Early Childhood School||ECS Administrator Nicci Burrell
|Donations||Director of Development Jenna Sytman
|Arts + Ideas/|
Seattle Jewish Film Festival
|SJCC Box Office
206-232-7115, ext. 251
SJCC Membership By the Numbers
Your membership powers the J and help us create a place where friendships form, traditions thrive, and community strengthens. Here’s just a glimpse at how many lives your membership has impacted in 2020:
- More than 200 individual campers filled with ruach (that’s “spirit” in Hebrew)
- 139 young learners exploring the world around them in traditional age-based preschool classes plus our new kindergarten, outdoor, and virtual programs
- 1,000 households from all over the world that Zoomed in to our virtual Seattle Jewish Film Festival
- 200+ people working out virtually every week at more than 225 virtual fitness classes since April 1
- Nearly 700 people exercising in the building every week in fitness classes, lap swim, and instructional family swim, and the Fitness Center
- 50 future teen leaders exploring their Jewish values and working together to raise money for their community
- More than 50 community + family events online (since April 1), bringing more than 1,000 families with young children singing and celebrating together
- More than 800 SJCCtv videos to engage the community from storytime to fitness (since March 15)
- More than 3,500 people each month in #VirtualSJCC programs (since April 1)
- Creating more than 600 Purim2Go kits to bring Jewish holidays into homes in innovative ways
- More than 200 pounds per week of food for our neighbors in need, collected through our new Mitzvah Corps program
- 900 virtual programs since March and more than 165 Safe Start-permitted activities at the J since June 1
- 300-plus hours of Virtual SJCC/Zoom events since April 1
The Power of Your Membership in Action
- High Holiday Celebrations (9/24/2020) - The J community came together in new ways to celebrate the High Holidays in 2020, here are some snap shots from us "gathering" in all new ways as we welcomed the new year.
- ECS – Welcome Back! (9/14/2020) - The J's Early Childhood School began the 2020-21 school year on September 8, and we were sure happy to welcome back our students and their families! Here is a look through the lens of our first week back at school.
- Summer Fun at the J (9/4/2020) - Smiles returned to the J this summer! Washington's Safe Start plan allowed the J to start opening back up to our community this June and we were so happy to see our community back at the J.
- J-Cation Week Six in Photos (8/20/2020) - J-Cation is down to its final week and we have photos from week number 6! What a week it was, lots of pool time to beat the heat and exploration of the J's Kesher Community Garden. Check out the photos for the week!
- J-Cation Week Five in Photos (8/14/2020) - J-Cation has put the wraps to week 5!!! New dances, new friends and lots of sun. Check out the photos for the week!
- J-Cation Week Four in Photos (8/6/2020) - Hello August! New month, lots more fun at J-Cation! Check out all the fun we had in week four of the SJCC's summer camp program!
SJCCtv Featured Videos
SJCC Early Childhood School - Enrollment for Fall 2021The J’s Early Childhood School enrollment process for Fall 2021 is now open! The J's ECS is more than a preschool. Our Reggio Emilia-inspired program offers full-day and part-day options for infants to pre-k that prepare children for kindergarten and beyond. The J’s Early Childhood School welcomes everyone. When your child attends ECS, your whole family becomes part of our community. We have age-based programs for ages 3 months through Kindergarten. More: https://sjcc.org/programs/early-childhood-school/
#Now4TheJ - Annual Fundraiser Supporting the SJCCCommunity Never Closes and it is because of you. Achshav! Together let's restore the J to solid financial footing. Friendship counts now. Tradition counts now. Community counts now. Now, can we count on you to support the J? Give Now: sjcc.org/now4thej
SJCCtv: Let's Light Up Hanukkah - Day 8 (Dec. 17)Happy Hanukkah! On the final day of Hanukkah, SJCC staff members share the many ways they found light in 2020 and hopes for more in 2021. And for all of us at the J, we thank our J community for being at the core of our light. Thank you. This is the final video of our "Let's Light Up Hanukkah" video series in which our community reflects on where they found light in their lives this past year and how they're going to spread light in the coming year. Find the entire series online: https://sjcc.org/event/lets-light-up-hanukkah-video-series/ #StroumJCC #Hanukkah2020 #CommunityNeverCloses
SJCCtv: Let's Light Up Hanukkah - Day 7 (Dec. 16)Happy Hanukkah! On this, the seventh day of Hanukkah, families throughout the SJCC community share the light in their lives. You all are definitely the light of ours! This is the seventh day of our "Let's Light Up Hanukkah" video series in which our community reflects on where they found light in their lives this past year and how they're going to spread light in the coming year. Find the entire series online: https://sjcc.org/event/lets-light-up-hanukkah-video-series/ #StroumJCC #Hanukkah2020 #CommunityNeverCloses
SJCCtv: Let's Light Up Hanukkah - Day 6 (Dec. 15)Happy Hanukkah! For this sixth day of Hanukkah, J-Cation Fall campers and counselors share where they found light in 2020 and what they are looking forward to in 2021 (hint: no COVID and in-person schooling came up a couple times). This is the sixth installment of our "Let's Light Up Hanukkah" video series in which our community reflects on where they found light in their lives this past year and how they're going to spread light in the coming year. Find the entire series online: https://sjcc.org/event/lets-light-up-hanukkah-video-series/ #StroumJCC #Hanukkah2020 #CommunityNeverCloses
SJCCtv: Let's Light Up Hanukkah - Day 5 (Dec. 14)Happy Hanukkah! On this fifth day of Hanukkah, more of our GIFT participants and their families share that their light in 2020 was friends and family. This is the fifth video of our "Let's Light Up Hanukkah" video series in which our community reflects on where they found light in their lives this past year and how they're going to spread light in the coming year. Find the entire series online: https://sjcc.org/event/lets-light-up-hanukkah-video-series/ #StroumJCC #Hanukkah2020 #CommunityNeverCloses