Policies + Procedures When Visiting the J
We are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all users, guests, and staff. As a user of the SJCC, you play an important role in helping us create this environment by acting appropriately, following the values of our community, and abiding by the following policies:
Facility Use Policy
- All users are required to use their assigned SJCC access card to enter the building, Early Childhood School, Fitness Center, upgraded locker rooms, and other access-controlled areas. Do not aid or abet the unauthorized entrance of anyone without an access card.
- Children 10 years of age and younger must be attended while in the facility. Parents and guardians must follow SJCC age guidelines and protocols for signing children in and out.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in the Fitness Center or in the Men’s or Women’s Adult Locker Room. Children ages 11-16 must complete the Youth Certification prior to using the Fitness Center.
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times. With the exception of the pool and locker rooms where swimsuits are permitted, shirts and shoes are required when inside the SJCC.
- Users are required to adhere to the posted schedules for usage of all our facilities including the gym, café, public areas, pool, Fitness Center, etc.
- Users shall report any suspicious or inappropriate behaviors to the SJCC staff. Users are responsible for cleaning up after themselves and helping keep the facility attractive. Users are encouraged to let the staff know if an area of the facility or a piece of equipment needs cleaning, maintenance, or repair.
- All equipment and supplies provided for use must remain within the facility and be returned in good condition to their original location.
- With the exception of service animals, pets are not permitted indoors unless it is for an authorized event.
- Mobile phone use is prohibited at all times in the locker rooms; phone calls are not allowed in the Fitness Center. Please be considerate of other users and guests when using your mobile phone in permitted areas.
- Community members may post flyers, posters, and/or announcements on the SJCC community bulletin board only. Do not post anything on other walls/bulletin boards or leave promotional materials in common areas. Inappropriate or irrelevant content will be removed. All postings are at the discretion of SJCC management.
- SJCC and its employees are not responsible for the loss or damage of valuables or property belonging to members, guests, or visitors while they are on the SJCC campus or attending any SJCC-sponsored event or program. Members and guests are encouraged to store and lock all personal belongings in lockers. Day-use lockers are available; members/guests must provide their own locks. Staff members are not permitted to hold valuables or bags for anyone.
- All members, guests and visitors are expected to follow SJCC’s reopening policies and procedures, which are subject to change without notice at any time.
- By entering the SJCC property, any photographs and/or videos taken of you at the facility or engaged in any SJCC program may be used for marketing and promotional purposes by the SJCC.
- We expect everyone using the SJCC to behave in a mature and responsible way, and to respect the rights and dignity of other members, guests, and staff. The following behaviors are prohibited and may result in termination of membership without a refund; they include, but are not limited to:
- Angry, vulgar, or threatening language or actions (including swearing, name-calling, shouting, physical contact, etc.); any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person; harassment or intimidation by words, gestures, body language, or menacing behavior.
- Theft, loitering, or behavior that results in destruction of property.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices/objects that may be perceived as weapons.
- Consuming illegal or controlled substances on SJCC property, in SJCC vehicles, or at SJCC-sponsored events. Alcohol consumption is prohibited unless it is during an authorized event. Persons under age 21 may not consume alcohol on the property at any time. Smoking – including e-cigarettes – is not permitted anywhere on SJCC property or at SJCC-sponsored events or programs.
- Any activity that is a conflict of interest with services the SJCC provides, such as personal training or swim lessons.
- Any other conduct of an inappropriate, threatening, or offensive nature as determined by SJCC
With the evolving COVID-19 situation, the SJCC is updating our vaccination, screening, and masking requirements for entering the facility. Please follow the guidance in the links below from the Washington State Department of Health:
- What to do if you were potentially exposed to someone with COVID-19
- What to do if you test positive for COVID-19
- Information on isolation and quarantine for COVID-19
- Report a positive case of COVID-19 at the J
COVID Report Form:
Did you test positive for COVID within 2 days of visiting the J? Click here to submit a confidential report so we can follow up with potential close contacts.
The SJCC requires all eligible individuals to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a bona fide medical exemption.
Upon joining the J (as a member or an employee) or enrolling yourself or your child in an SJCC program, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination ( show your vaccine card, a photo of the card, or your vaccination status in the MyIR mobile app ); or submit a medical exemption form. Medical exemption forms can be requested from Denise Ipock, Membership Manager or Dana Weiner, Senior Director Community Experience
*Please email us for a medical exemption request form. We will contact you after we receive and review the completed form.
1. Full vaccination is two weeks past a fully completed vaccination regimen.↩
2. Given the recent recommendation for a booster shot at eight (8) months post final vaccination, we anticipate the tool to update to reflect that third (booster) shot. We will rely on the DoH tool to certify vaccination status.↩
3. Medical exemptions will be honored with proof of medical exemption upon entry. [TBD]↩