Summer J Camp is back for 2021!
June 21 – Aug. 27
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Summer J Camp has been a defining summer experience for thousands of campers over the past five decades — and this summer we’re back and better than ever! This summer will feature many returning favorites — including Kef, Katan, our revamped Counselor-in-Training program, tons of specialty camps and our new off-site camp offering thanks to a partnership with the city of Mercer Island — for your kids to explore.
The Basics | Camp Line-up & Descriptions | Registration
COVID-19 Protocols | FAQ | Become a Counselor
Dates: Weekly sessions, Monday, June 21-Friday, August 27 (no camp July 5)
Ages: Pre-k through 10th grade (for fall 2021). Everyone is welcome. You do not have to be Jewish to join J camp.
Time: Camp runs from 9:30 am – 4 pm; Monday – Friday. For drop-off & pick-up times, see our FAQs
Location: All camps located at the Stroum JCC on Mercer Island, unless otherwise noted.
|4-Week Discount||10% Off||Get 10% off when registering for four (4) weeks of our core camps: Katan, Kef and/or Sports Camp. Discount eligible on those four weeks only.|
|New Family||$100 Off||New families get $100 off order when you register one child for three or more weeks of our core camps: Katan, Kef and/or Sports Camp.|
This summer, we’re bringing back favorites core camps like Camp Kef, Sports Camp, and our revamped Counselor-In-Training Program. We’re also offering an off-site camp with the City of Mercer Island as well as more than 30 specialty camps with our amazing partners, so kids can explore STEM, art, theater, and so much more! Check out the full camp line-up:
At Summer J Camp, kids learn songs, play gaga, act onstage, conduct science experiments, and make lifelong friendships. Whether it’s your first summer or you’re a seasoned veteran, you’ll build friendships, create memories, connect with the outdoors, and— most importantly—have fun in the sun!
We’ve got a great line-up of amazing camps this summer. From our core camps to tons of specialty camps, there is something for everyone. Our specialty programs are thanks to awesome partners who will run camps that’ll engage your children’s minds, bodies, and creativity, including returning favorites Ellen Hochberg Studios, Karate X, Smart with Art, and Youth Theatre Northwest. Plus, we’re thrilled to have two new partners on board running STEAM/STEM camps: Snapology and Girls Rock Math. Our camp team is hard at work creating a fun — and COVID-compliant — camp program for our community. Join the summer fun and sign-up today!
As with all our J Camp programs, Summer J Camp will be structured with COVID-19 protocols at the fore, including:
- Daily screenings: every staff member and camper will complete a brief health screening and temperature check before entering.
- Masks are required. Please see the list of exceptions here.
- Physical distancing: activities will comply with COVID-19 guidelines
- Small cohorts: children will be assigned to a group for the week and will stay with that group for all camp activities
- This is not an inclusive list of all COVID-19 protocols at the J. Check out our Welcome Back page for full details of current policies and procedures, which apply to J Camp in addition to those listed here.
Travel Guidelines: The J is following the CDC’s travel guidelines. As of April 6, no post-travel quarantine is required for those who are fully vaccinated. If you have traveled out of town within the past 10 days, please review this chart to determine whether you are allowed to come to J.
- “Fully vaccinated” is defined as being two weeks or more past the final dose of the vaccine (2nd shot for Pfizer or Moderna; 1 shot for Johnson & Johnson).
- We will ask members/guests to show their vaccination card (or a photo of it) to verify the date, but will not keep a list or a copy.
- Anyone who has not been fully vaccinated (including having had only the first of two shots or is less than two weeks out from the last shot) must either quarantine for 7 days and have a negative PCR test at day 3-5 OR quarantine for 10 days without a test before returning after travel.
Summer J Camp 2021 will strictly adhere to COVID-19 protocols while also preserving the J’s spirit of a warm, welcoming community, focused on kindness, compassion, and active days. We can’t wait to see you here for another great summer!
Thank you, sponsors!
Thank you to our Summer J Camp sponsors for 2021.