The J’s Early Childhood School is more than a preschool. Our Reggio Emilia-inspired program located on Mercer Island has full-day and part-day options for infants to kindergarten that prepare children for kindergarten and beyond.
The J’s Early Childhood School welcomes everyone. When your child attends ECS, your whole family becomes part of our community.
Joy, learning, and celebrating together are core SJCC values that underlie all ECS programs. At ECS, you’ll find:
- Jewish values combined with leading early childhood development theories to create an environment where children become compassionate, curious, and confident learners.
- Innovative learning experiences that help build a strong foundation in language, math, and early literacy
- Support for the whole child, including emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development
- Low child-to-teacher ratios and class size
- Beautiful, open classrooms filled with high-quality, open-ended, natural materials
- Outdoor spaces to explore
- Music, swimming, library, and little gym
- The SJCC Early Childhood School is a place for all. Everyone is welcome. You do not have to be Jewish to join ECS.
- Learn more about all our age-based classrooms (ages 3 months to 6), including kindergarten (ages 5-6)
Check out our school year calendars:
Open enrollment for fall 2023 is here! We are enrolling for fall 2023.
- Jan. 23-31: Returning Family Enrollment
- Feb. 1: New family application window begins
New to ECS and interested in applying? Fill out our inquiry form.
Learn more about our Reggio Emilia-inspired program, including application information and a virtual tour.
The SJCC Early Childhood School creates an environment where children become compassionate, curious, and confident learners.
Inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy, our school creates unique educational experiences, explores early literacy, and infuses universal Jewish values.
We welcome children 3 months to six years old and their families. We are nationally recognized and have an exceptionally low teacher-to-child ratio.
Enroll today for Kindergarten at the J! Small class size and individual attention are combined with a curriculum focused on literacy and math skills, along with social-emotional growth in an environment rich with experiential learning opportunities that will prepare kids for the first grade and beyond. Enroll today!
Meet the J’s ECS faculty, administrative team, and support staff for the current school year.
Contact our Leadership Team with any questions.