Swim lessons at the J for Ages 6-36 months
The goal of this class is to teach you the skills and techniques needed to teach your child how to swim while also getting you child acclimated to the water and developing the preliminary skills needed to learn how to swim. We use songs and games to encourage the learning of these new skills and look forward to singing with you soon.
Just a few items to remember/consider before arriving at the J.
- Swimmers who are not potty trained should all wear swim diapers
- If you suspect your child (or you) will be a little nervous at your first lesson, we recommend arriving 10-15 minutes early so they can get comfortable with the pool atmosphere. As stated above, if your child has a favorite bath toy, feel free to bring it to help with the transition.
- Our pool temperature is kept around 85 degrees. Even so, that can be chilly for young children. We recommend a rash guard for these kiddos to help keep them warm throughout the 30 minute lesson. That said, if at any point you swimmer gets cold, feel free to exit the pool early.
Fall Session Dates
Fall Session II Dates: Oct. 29 – Dec. 16 (Registration Opens: Oct. 9)
Winter Session Dates: Jan. 7 – Feb. 19 (Registration Opens: Dec. 18)
Class Offerings for Winter 2024
- Friday • 10:00 – 10:30 am
- Saturday • 10:10 – 10:40 am
- Saturday • 10:45 – 11:15 am
- Sunday • 10:10 – 10:40 am
- Sunday • 10:45 – 11:15 am
The SJCC is excited to launch our new online membership and registration system. For assistance registering, please click here >>.
Get more information, including detailed schedules, on the fall session of group swim lessons at the Fall Swim Lessons page >>