The Stroum Jewish Community Center’s Arts + Ideas program offers a wide range of events, primarily held at our state-of-the-art theater. Here are the ticket and venue policies:
206-388-0833 | BoxOffice@SJCC.org
Monday-Friday, 9 am-4 pm
SJCC Arts+Ideas Ticket Sales
For Seattle Jewish Film Festival box office policies, click here.
Online – recommended!
Click here to purchase tickets securely online.
To purchase tickets, click “Buy Tickets” or “RSVP” for free programs. You will be launched to our ticket sales platform, where you can add multiple events to your shopping cart. There is a time limit.
Purchase By Phone | In Person
SJCC does not have an on-site box office. We encourage online ticket purchases through the sjcc.org website. If you would like to purchase tickets by phone or in person, the cultural arts staff would be happy to assist: M-F during regular business hours, subject to staff availability
Box Office Day-of-Show Hours:
Doors, box office, and will call generally open 30 minutes prior to show start time and 60 minutes prior for happy hour and special events (check event listings). Online presales end one hour after a show starts.
SJCC box office accepts cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. You can purchase a gift card to create a credit in the system.
Processing Fees: Generally $2 per ticket | $5 per ticket for limited programs.
No $2 per ticket fees for current SJCC and card-holding TeenTix members. When purchasing tickets online, SJCC members must click “redeem benefits” and enter contact info to remove processing fee(s). Need help removing the fee? Contact our box office.
Discount pricing (when available) for current SJCC Members, seniors 65+, youth under 13, and students w/ID. For selected programs only, groups of 12+ automatically receive $2 off per ticket (tickets must be purchased at the same time).
Ticket Delivery Options
Online advance ticket purchasers can select print-at-home, mobile ticketing, USPS delivery, or will call pickup.
For print-at-home delivery, your confirmation email includes a link to your printable receipt and tickets. For mobile tickets, links will download your phone Walletini app. We recommend you bring a copy of your receipt as proof of purchase; however, all patrons who have completed transactions are in our system. So if you forget your tickets or forget to print them, we can look you up in the system and print physical tickets. There is a $5 surcharge for mailing physical tickets via USPS domestic mail.
Ticket Availability: We will do our best to message shows that are sold out or on standby on the website. Please check www.sjcc.org and click on the “buy tickets” link for up-to-the-minute availability. Remaining tickets are on a first-come walk-up basis at the door.
Most programs are general admission with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. Some general admission shows are club style – standing room only with some seating. Select shows are reserved seating. Patrons needing special assistance or accessible seating can choose or indicate accessible seating needs upon purchase and when possible will go in first.
Late Arrival & Seating:
Please arrive on time, ideally 15 minutes before showtime. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the staff, ushers, and/or management at an appropriate break in the show and will likely be seated in the designated late-seating area to avoid disruption. Latecomers are not guaranteed reserved, assigned, adjacent, or saved seats. On occasion, late-seating will not be possible. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO EXCHANGES:
All ticket sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges. All programs are subject to change or rescheduling without notice. In the case of a program postponement/rescheduling, your tickets will automatically transfer to the new date once announced. In the case of an announced program cancellation, ticket-holders will be notified via email of their options, such as donating the face value of their ticket (minus processing fees) or to receive a system credit good towards future SJCC Arts+Ideas shows.
Box office contact:
Phone: 206-232-7115 ext 251 or 206-388-0833
Email: click here to email the box office.
SJCC Arts+Ideas programs, unless otherwise specified, take place at the Stroum Jewish Community Center on Mercer Island (hours/location | directions). Check listings for the Seattle Jewish Film Festival venue’s various locations.
SJCC is ADA compliant and our seating system is hearing loop (t-coil direct) outfitted. Please ask your provider how to use/program the t-coil setting on your device. SJCC is also outfitted with an Assistive Listening System. Please ask an usher for an amplification device, if needed (cell phone number and driver’s license required). If you need a front-row seat, aisle seat, or wheelchair accessible space, please indicate when purchasing general admission tickets or select an accessible seat online or by phone for reserved seating.
There is free, ample and, accessible parking in the SJCC parking lot, on the street, and nearby at the Municipal Buildings. Please do not park across the street at Herzl-Ner Tamid or at the French American School unless signs indicate these as overflow lots.
SJCC works hard to promote the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Our alcohol policies are listed below:
- All guests purchasing alcohol must present a valid ID* (see below), regardless of what age they appear.
- Alcohol will not be served to minors (anyone under 21 years of age).
- Alcohol will not be served to guests without acceptable forms of ID*
- There will be a two (2) beer/wine limit, per transaction, at concession stands and portable concessions until alcohol cut, which varies by show.
- There will be a one (1) spirit limit, per transaction, at concession stands and portable concessions until alcohol cut, which varies by show.
- Guests passing alcohol to minors will be ejected and reported to local authorities.
- Guests possessing alcohol, who do not have proof of being at least 21 years of age, may be ejected.
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to anyone.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the SJCC. Any attempt to bring alcohol inside will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and may result in the Guest being ejected, arrested, or tickets being revoked.
- Alcohol will not be sold to guests who appear intoxicated.
- If a guest seems intoxicated and is the sole driver, the SJCC will call a cab for the guest.
*The following forms of ID are acceptable at SJCC:
- A Driver’s License — A driver’s license issued by any U.S. state or any Canadian province.
- A U.S. Military ID — An official U.S. Military ID card, including active duty, reserve, retired, and/or dependent card.
- A State ID Card — An official state ID card issued by a U.S. state or Canadian province
- A current, unexpired official Passport issued by any nation.
The following forms of ID are NOT acceptable at SJCC:
- Punched IDs are NOT acceptable.
- Expired IDs are NOT acceptable.
- Temporary IDs are NOT acceptable.