Holiday celebrations, pool parties, hiking trips, and more! The J always has great activities that the whole family can enjoy together.
Sukkot Family Celebration
Sunday, September 30 | 10 am-2 pm
Oxbow Farm, 10819 Carnation Duvall Rd NE, Carnation
Help gather the last of this year’s crops for those in need. Then stay to shake the lulav and etrog under our pop-up sukkah. Gather pumpkins, shop the farm stand, and bring a picnic lunch to enjoy with friends!
Shabbat Unplugged: Zoofari Tour
Saturday, October 13 | 10 am
Woodland Park Zoo | 5500 Phinney Ave N, Seattle
$14.95 adult | $9.95 child (pay at the zoo)
Take a tour of the Tropical Asia exhibit at the Woodland Park Zoo! Learn about tza’ar ba’alei chayim, the Jewish concept of the humane treatment of living creatures, and the actions the zoo takes to ensure their animals are well taken care of.
BYOB: Finding Calm Workshop
Thursday, October 18 | 10:30 am
Redmond Public Library
15990 NE 85th Street, Redmond
Learn mindful-based parenting skills to help reduce stress, enhance strong bonds, explore mindful self-compassion, and encourage balance. Geared toward parents/caregivers of children 6 months to 6 years old. In partnership with Community of Mindful Parenting.
Sephardic Day at the J
Sunday, October 21 | 11 am-2 pm
A day for everyone to celebrate Sephardic culture, from food and jewelry, to books and kids’ art projects.
- Game Zone
- Toss-a-Biscocho (baked cookies topped with butter and sugar) & Throw the Bulema in the Oven
- Ladingo: bingo with the Judeo-Spanish language Ladino
- Mah jongg, backgammon, and spin-the-wheel
- Baloncesto & Pastra
- Marketplace to buy jewelry, books, crafts, and more
- Lunch: buy kosher Sephardic lunch catered by Leah’s Catering
- Preview concert: dance with the trailblazing Sephardic band Jaffa Road, a highly acclaimed band that blends Sephardic Jewish, jazz, Indian, and Arabic music with electronica for a sound that’s ancient and modern, acoustic and electronic, secular and sacred.
- Evening concert with Jaffa Road: come back in the evening for a full concert with Jaffa Road
Dinner at Our House
Sunday, October 21
Free, space is limited – RSVP early
Whisk, simmer, flip, bake, and blend as we cook a Sunday dinner in the SJCC kitchen for homeless teens. A great family activity to help make a difference for homeless teens. Dinners are delivered to YouthCare, a Seattle organization working to get homeless teens off the streets and prepared for life.
Upcoming dates: November 18 (SixThirTeens), December 16
BYOB: Tots and Tunes
Tuesday, November 13 | time tba
Parents, bring your own baby for music time at Kline Galland, a nursing and rehabilitation center.
BYOB: Celebrate Hanukkah
Monday, December 10 | 10:30 am
Parents, bring your own baby to share Hanukkah traditions
A program just for dads and their kindergarten through third graders. J Explorers play games, learn new skills, enjoy the great outdoors, and celebrate Jewish values with other dads and kids. Must be a J Explorers member to participate in events.