SJCC Circle of Friends Luncheon
Thursday, May 10 | 11:30-1 pm
SJCC Mercer Island
We hope you’ll join us at the annual SJCC Circle of Friends Luncheon to celebrate the J and support the mission to inspire connections, create outstanding programs, and welcome everyone—regardless of their ability to pay—to learn, grow, and celebrate Jewish life and culture in and around the Puget Sound.
At this annual event, we jam the gym with old friends and new—who really feel more like family—who make the SJCC the special place it is. Join us, bring friends, and get ready to feel the warmth that radiates from our J.
Check-in begins at 11:30 am; the program is from noon to 1 pm. The SJCC is located just off I-90, a short drive from Seattle and Bellevue.
A minimum donation of $180 per guest is requested.
If you have questions about Circle of Friends, would like to become a table captain, or are interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact Tammy Cohen, Senior Director, Advancement, at 206-829-2665.
Join the Chai Society
We’re launching the Circle of Friends Chai Society at this year’s Luncheon. This group of dedicated donors support and energize the J’s growth and assures we remain affordable and welcoming to all:
- More than 175 children explore in a joyful, nurturing environment in our Early Childhood School;
- Nearly 1,200 kids from 21 Puget Sound communities attend 45 different J Camps;
- From north Seattle to the Eastside, more than 2,400 people of all ages participate in year-round community holiday celebrations;
- 6,000 people enjoy more than 40 cultural arts programs in the J’s state-of-the-art auditorium and around the Sound;
- More than 25 films are screened at the annual Seattle Jewish Film Festival
…so everyone can write their own J Story
Become a Corporate Sponsor
Where good business meets good work! Your message will reach…
- Over 2,000 Puget Sound households of all backgrounds
- 15,000 visitors
- 13,000 cultural arts patrons
- Families of 1,200 summer campers
- Over 3,000 social media followers and more than 131,000 annual website visitors
…while making sure the J remains affordable and welcoming to all
Share Your J Story
JCCs have a been a gathering place for the Jewish community for more than a century and half; and here in Seattle for nearly 70 years! We’re collecting J experiences (from any JCC!) to share at this year’s Circle of Friend’s Luncheon. Whether your family has been in the region for generations, or you moved here last week, you have a J story!
2018 Circle of Friends Co-Chairs
Look who’s chairing this year’s Circle of Friends Luncheon: Iantha Sidell and Marcie Wirth. Iantha (left) has been a J leader for many years, and Marcie (right) recently retired from the J after 27 years – and she just couldn’t stay away! Their commitment to the J community and the Circle of Friends Luncheon is invaluable, and we’re so happy to have them on board.