When school is out, the J is the place to be. On days when there’s no school, J Camp is offering special camp experiences. From a space theme camp day on Veteran’s Day to a Service Day as part of MLK Day, we provide a Summer J Camp experience all year long. We’ll have activities, games, crafts, and more. Oh, and swimming! Join us for School’s Out J Camp this 2021-22 school year.
Ages: K-5th grade
Cost: Members: $65 per day | Guests: $75 per day
Camp Hours: 9 am-4 pm
2021-22 School’s Out J Camps
- Oct. 8, 2021 – Conference Camp – Theme: Under the Sea (Registration: Opens – Sept. 1; Ends: Oct. 1)
- Nov. 11, 2021 – Veteran’s Day – Theme: Space Day (Registration: Opens – Oct. 30; Ends: Nov. 4)
- Nov. 22-23, 2021 – Thanksgiving Break – Theme: Backyard Explorers (Registration: Opens – Oct. 11; Ends: Nov. 15)
- Dec. 20-23, 2021 – Winter Break – Session #1 – Theme: Art Aces (Registration: Opens – Nov. 8; Ends: Dec. 13)
- Dec. 27-31, 2021 – Winter Break – Session #2 – Theme: Camper Sampler (Registration: Opens – Nov. 8; Ends: Dec. 13)
- Jan. 17, 2022 – MLK Jr. Day – Theme: Service Day (Registration: Opens – Dec. 6, 2021; Ends: Jan. 10, 2022)
- Feb. 21-25, 2022 – Mid-Winter Break – Theme: STEAM Fun (Registration: Opens – Jan. 10, 2022; Ends: Feb. 14, 2022)
- Mar. 18, 2022 – Conference Camp – Theme: Superhero Day (Registration: Opens – Feb. 4, 2022; Ends: Mar. 11, 2022)
- Apr. 11-15 – Spring Break – Theme: Around The World (Registration: Opens – Feb. 28, 2022; Ends: Apr. 4, 2022)
We’ll send an email out the Friday before your child’s week of School’s Out J Camp with important information for the week ahead – be sure to keep an eye out for it!
School’s Out J Camp is structured with COVID-19 protocols at the fore.
- Daily screenings: every staff member and camper will wash their hands and complete a brief health screening and temperature check before entering.
- Masks are required. Please see list of exceptions here.
- Physical distancing: recreational/extracurricular activities will comply with COVID-19 guidelines
- Small cohorts: specific children will be assigned to specific cohorts each week and cohorts will stay together throughout the week
- Check out our Welcome Back page for more information on our latest policies and procedures.
As our partners, we will rely on you to:
- Keep your children home when sick
- Send your child(ren) each day with a nut-free vegetarian lunch and snacks.
- Check your email! An email will be sent the Friday afternoon before camp starts with important information for the coming week.
If you have questions, email Joel Jacobs, Kids & Family Cross Department Program Coordinator, or call 206-829-2668.