The J’s before and after school care program is a town just for kids in kindergarten to 5th grade.
Kidstown will be closed for the remainder of the 2019-20 school year, following Governor Inslee’s announcement that schools will remain closed this year.
In Kidstown we believe children thrive in a safe and engaging environment. Our dedicated staff connects with each child by encouraging high self-esteem, healthy lifestyles, and positive social interactions. There’s always something fun in Kidstown!
At Kidstown, you’ll find:
- NEW! Kids City, an area just for 3rd-5th graders! Available during peak hours.
- Transportation: Buses from all four Mercer Island Elementary Schools pick kids up in the morning and drop them off in the afternoon.
- Community: We welcome a community of students and counselors to come together and learn.
- Flexibility: Our monthly scheduling gives parents the flexibility they need as after-school activities change through the school year.
- Dedicated staff: Our counselors come from our community and make real connections with our low child-to-staff ratios.
- Homework help: Our counselors and staff assist with small group work and individualized instructions that allow children to learn and expand on the knowledge gained in the classroom.
- Exploration: Games, sports, art, and curiosity. There are always new connections to be made, and fun to be had.
For more information, email Kidstown Coordinator Vance Snelson or call 206-829-2668.