Beginning through advanced lessons for ages 3 to adult
Private and semi-private lessons are a great way to introduce kids to the water with more one-on-one attention or to help adults refine their stroke or prepare for a triathlon.
Lessons are 30 minutes long and are available:
- Monday-Thursday, 3-5:30 pm
- Saturday-Sunday, 10-11:30 am
For more on SJCC reopening policies + procedures, click here.
Additional information you need to know:
- Lessons are available only to current SJCC members or children/grandchildren of current SJCC members.
- Private lessons are one-on-one with an instructor.
- Semi-private lessons are limited to people from the same household.
- Come dressed in your swimsuit; bring a towel, goggles, and water bottle. There is no towel service, and the locker rooms and water fountains are closed.
- Only one adult is allowed in the building with a young swimmer.
- All equipment will be sanitized after each lesson.
- For all new swimmers (ages 3-5 years old) a parent will be required to be in the water with the child.
- To maintain physical distancing, instructors may:
- teach from the pool deck
- use a flotation device in the water
- ask parents to assist their child in the water
- Anytime an instructor is working directly with a student they will wear either a face mask or face shield.
|Private Lesson||Semi-Private Lesson|
|Single Lesson||$50||$54 ($27 per participant)|
|4-pack||$200||$216 ($108 per participant)|
|8-pack||$400||$432 ($216 per participant)|
To schedule a lesson, contact Aquatics@sjcc.org, and an Aquatics team member will get back to you.
We do our best to keep your child with the instructor they’ve become comfortable with but we must reserve the prerogative to use a substitute teacher on an occasional basis.
Cancellation & Makeup Policy
If you are unable to attend a scheduled lesson, the Aquatics Department requires at least 24 hours’ notice. If you miss or no-show to a scheduled private or semi-private swim lesson, or cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice, you will be charged for the lesson (i.e. we will redeem one session in your lessons package). Packages must be used within a year for which they are purchased.
If you have questions, contact the Aquatics Department.