We welcome children 3 months to five years old and their families.
Our school is nationally recognized and has an exceptionally low teacher-to-child ratio.
Looking for more information about our programs? Contact Early Childhood School Administrator Nicci Burrell or call 206-388-0825.
The Early Childhood School accepts children from 3 months through 5 years of age.
- Infants: Our infants start as young as three months and stay in the infant program for the duration of the school year.
- One-Two Year Olds: Our one-year-olds will start the school year between 12 and 24 months and will stay in their cohort for the remainder of the school year.
- Two-Three Year Olds: Our two-year-olds will start the school year between 24 and 36 months and will stay with their cohort for the remainder of the school year.
- Three-Four Year Olds: Our three-year-olds will start the school year as three-year-olds and stay with their cohort for the remainder of the school year.
- Four-Five Year Olds/Pre-K: Children are four-turning-five in our pre-k program.
Bilingual English/Hebrew Option
ECS offers a bilingual English/Hebrew classroom for kids in the Threes and Fours Program.
Learning a second language at a young age helps with brain development, fosters empathy, and has countless other benefits. This bilingual classroom will have both English- and Hebrew-speaking teachers, but is not a language-instruction class. Children will continue to explore provocations and learn about the world around them with the same Reggio Emilia-inspired practices you already know and love — they’ll just experience everything in both Hebrew and English.
Class is full for 2019-20; if you’d like to add your name to the wait list, please contact Nicci Burrell.
Creative Beginnings is a time for your child – together with a parent or caregiver – to explore the richness of our Early Childhood School program through art, creative play, music, and storytelling. Parents and children will explore and socialize alongside a seasoned teacher. As your children develop social, emotional, and cognitive skills in this group setting, parents and caregivers also develop a community of new friends and are welcomed into the J family. Open exploration is followed by group time over refreshments; parents and teacher take turns supplying a small snack.
Ages 15-24 months
Mondays, 9:30-10:45 am
October 7, 2019-June 15, 2020
(no class May 25)
SJCC members $90 per month or $810 per year
Guests $95 per month or $855 per year