SJCC Arts + Ideas Box Office + Venue Policies
- Ticket Sales + Policies
- Changes to Policies + Procedures During COVID-19 Pandemic
- Venue Details
- Alcohol Policy
Seattle Jewish Film Festival Box Office Policies
- Seattle Jewish Film Festival Virtual Box Office Policies
- Virtual SJFF Streaming FAQ
- Seattle Jewish Film Festival In-Person Event Policies
Phone: 206-388-0833 | Email: BoxOffice@SJCC.org
Monday-Friday, 9 am-4 pm during regular business hours.
Please Note: During the COVID-19 Pandemic, SJCC policies and procedures are informed by the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Washington State Department of Health (DOH), and Public Health Seattle and King County (PHSKC) and evolve as that guidance shifts. Current COVID-19 modifications are listed following our standard policies and procedures, below, and are revised regularly as regulations and recommendations change.
SJCC Arts + Ideas Ticket Sales for In-Person Events
- Purchase Online – recommended!
To view upcoming programs and purchase tickets, click here to view our calendar of events and purchase tickets securely online. Online advance sales end one hour before show times. To purchase online, click “Buy Tickets” or “Register” for free programs. You will be launched to our ticket sales platform, where you can add multiple events to your shopping cart (there is a time limit) and even pre-order concessions at a discount to avoid lines at the venue. When picking up concession pre-sales, look for the “quick pick up” presale line. You must present a copy of your receipt. For pickup of alcoholic beverages, you must show ID (see Alcohol Policy below).
- Purchase By Phone or Email
If you would like to purchase tickets by phone, SJCC Arts + Ideas staff will be happy assist you, subject to staff availability, on weekdays from 9 am to 4 pm. Expected response time is 24 hours weekdays, 24 to 48 hours on weekends. We recommend you also email email@example.com with your phone number, and someone will call you back to assist with your purchase.
- Box Office Day-of-Show Hours
SJCC does not have an on-site box office during regular business hours, and drop-ins are discouraged. If you need assistance, please contact the box office by phone or email us (someone will get back to you in 24-48 hours). Our box office and theater doors open 30 minutes prior to show start times (60 minutes prior for happy hours and special events—check listings). The box office and concessions close fifteen (15) minutes after the show starts.
SJCC box office accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
Taxes + Fees
A processing fee of $0.65 will be added to each ticket purchased upon checkout. For any online or in-person concession presales, WA State or alcohol sales tax apply.
Discount pricing (when available) applies for current SJCC members, seniors 65+, youth under 13, and students w/ID. For group discounts of $2 per ticket, please call our box office to arrange for a single purchase or invoice if needed (minimum 10 tickets).
Ticket Delivery Options
Online ticket purchasers will have the option to select either print-at-home tickets, download to an email or phone for mobile tickets, physical ticket USPS delivery, or will-call pickup. There is a $5 surcharge for mailing physical tickets in advance via USPS domestic mail.
For print-at-home delivery, your confirmation email includes a link to your printable receipt and tickets. If you forget, no worries! All patrons who have completed transactions are in our system. Approach the box office (when open) and we will look you up in the system and print physical tickets.
Sold Out Shows
We will do our best to message shows that are sold out or on standby on the website and at the door. Please check your event at www.sjcc.org/arts and click on the “buy tickets” link for up-to-the-minute availability. Remaining tickets are on a first-come walk-up basis at the door. If the website says sold out, please do not call or come to the venue. There are no waitlists or standby lines at the door.
Most programs are general admission, with seating on a first-come, first-served basis. See an usher if you need assistance with accessible seating or finding a seat. Row AA is reserved for accessible/wheelchair seating, as well as any seats marked “reserved.” Some general admission shows are club style – standing room only with some seating, please observe signage for available and unavailable seating and standing areas. Select shows are reserved seating. Patrons needing special assistance or accessible seating can choose or indicate accessible seating needs upon purchase and will generally be invited to enter first.
Late Arrival & Seating
Please arrive on time, ideally 15 minutes before show time. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the staff, ushers, and/or management at an appropriate break in the show and will likely be seated in the designated late-seating area to avoid disruption. Latecomers are not guaranteed reserved, assigned, adjacent, or saved seats. Late seating is allowed up to 15 minutes after a show starts. On occasion, late seating will not be possible. We thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS. NO EXCHANGES. NO CREDITS
All ticket sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges. All programs are subject to change or rescheduling without notice. In the case of a program postponement or rescheduling, your tickets will automatically transfer to the new date once announced. In the case of an announced program cancellation, ticket-holders will be notified via email of their options, such as donating the face value of their ticket (minus fees) or receiving a system credit for a future show.
Box office contact
Phone:206-388-0833 | Email: BoxOffice@SJCC.org
Monday-Friday, 9 am-4 pm during regular business hours.
POLICY CHANGES DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC
CHANGES and ADDITIONS TO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES UNDER GOVERNOR INSLEE’S PROCLAMATION 20-25.12, “Healthy Washington – Roadmap to Recovery”
EFFECTIVE APRIL 15, 2021
SJCC is running certain on-site Arts + Ideas programs beginning April 29, 2021, with changes and/or additions to facilitate operating under the Governor’s Proclamation 20-25.12, “Healthy Washington – Roadmap to Recovery.” Current Washington State and SJCC venue COVID-19 guidelines will be observed and enforced at all times, including but not limited to mandatory health screenings at the door, mask-wearing at all times (except briefly when enjoying concessions at your seat only), and physical distancing throughout the building and on the property.
For complete information, please read our SJCC Welcome Back + Stay Healthy pages. All ticket purchasers + attendees must pass our health screening upon entry and agree to all terms and conditions, as well as box office, ticket sale, and venue policies outlined on this page.
This section amends the policies and procedures listed above to account for changes required for compliance.
Changes and Additions to Policies Include:
- Changes to Ticket Sales and Box Office: Advance sales only—no at-door, day-of-show walkups. Tickets must be purchased online or by phone. Online sales close 1 hour before show times. Our box office can assist patrons with pre-purchased tickets, concession purchases, and/or those needing assistance only.
- Changes to Payment Types: (i.e., online sales, online or in-person concessions): credit card sales only. No cash accepted at this time.
- Changes to Taxes + Fees: An additional $2 COVID-19 Facility Fee will be applied to each ticket purchase, which pays for additional cleaning, cleaning staff and supplies, event staffing, etc.
- Changes to Ticket Delivery Options: only print-at-home tickets are available. Please print your tickets in advance before arriving to avoid delays.
- Changes to Seating: At this time, seating capacity is limited and is reserved/pre-assigned. Upon purchase, patrons can pick seats or a “pod” of seats together using our online seating map. We recommend households/pod groups who want to sit together purchase together to ensure seating together or close by. We are unable to accommodate large groups sitting together at this time.
- Changes to Late Arrivals + Seating: Late seating is allowed only up to 15 minutes into a show time or film screening; however, you will be ushered to a late-seating row and not able to sit in your reserved seat nor with your “pod”/group.
- Changes to Venue Entry and Exit—staggered arrival and release times:
- For reserved seating, patrons will be assigned staggered entry times in advance corresponding to their seating row. This information will be communicated on our website, ticket platform, and in all confirmation and reminder emails. If you do not know your seating time, please contact the box office in advance.
- For general admission in-person events, patrons will be assigned staggered entry times and seated according to a seating chart. This information will be communicated on our website, ticket platform, and in all confirmation and reminder emails. If you need help finding an available or accessible seat, please see an usher.
- Patrons can only sit in designated available seating. Please do not sit in seats designated unavailable online or in person at the venue. For general admission programs, unavailable seats will be marked as such.
- Changes to Concession Policy: Food and beverages may be enjoyed at your seat only
- Changes to Refund Policy: SJCC Arts + Ideas will offer patrons the option of a refund, credit, or donation only if a show cancels due to COVID-19. Additionally, if you or a member of your party cannot attend due to experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or exposure to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please do not come to the venue and you may contact the box office for a refund, credit, or to donate* your purchase to SJCC Arts + Ideas. Any issued refunds and credits will not include any taxes or fees paid by the customer upon purchase.
*SJCC is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit agency, EIN 90-0953408. Your gift is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
Additionally, all attendees and patrons:
- MUST wear a mask at all times. Pursuant to the Secretary of Health’s Order 20-03, face coverings must always be worn and when concessions are made available, may only be removed for the limited purpose and limited time period necessary to consume food and beverages, which can only be done while seated in the theater.
- MUST follow one-way crowd-flow directional signs, visible and floor markings, and/or observe barriers, staff and volunteer directions, in order to maintain physical distancing and avoid congregating or backflow traffic.
- MUST consent to and pass a health screening prior to entering the building.
- MUST maintain 6 feet of distance between anyone who is not in your household at all times.
- MUST abide by designated staggered arrival and seating times to avoid gatherings at the box office or the health screening area. Please arrive at your scheduled time. If you arrive early, please wait in your car until your designated time if possible.
- MUST observe and abide by our reserved/designated seating and late seating policies. Please sit only in ticketed, reserved seats. Please do not sit in alternative seats or seats marked “unavailable.” If you need assistance finding a different seat or need an accessible seat, please ask an usher for help.
- MUST leave the theater in accordance with post-event staggered “release” instructions, with those needing additional time and access released first, followed by front-to-back-row timed exiting.
- MUST not bring any outside food nor beverages into the building, venue, or theater.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF SALE
ALL SALES ARE FINAL | NO REFUNDS | NO EXCHANGES | NO CREDITS. TICKET HOLDER ACCEPTS ALL SJCC TERMS & CONDITIONS ABOVE AND LOCATED AT SJCC.ORG. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK AND DANGER INCIDENTAL TO THE GAME, EXHIBITION, EVENT, OR PERFORMANCE WHETHER OCCURRING PRIOR TO, DURING, OR AFTER SAID SHOW. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK AND DANGER OF INJURY AND YOU AGREE THAT THE MANAGEMENT, ITS AGENTS, AND THE PERFORMERS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES RESULTING FROM SUCH CAUSES. THE RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY HEREIN ARE GIVEN WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT THE RISK OF INJURY AND DAMAGE EXISTS IN MANY FORMS INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE EFFECTS OF EXPOSURE TO ANY AND ALL PRESENTLY KNOWN AND UNKNOWN VIRUSES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO SARS-COV-2, THE NOVEL CORONAVIRUS THAT CAUSES COVID-19), PATHOGENS, BACTERIA, GERMS, AND DISEASES. NO ALCOHOL, DRUGS, WEAPONS, FOOD, OR GLASS CONTAINERS ALLOWED. NO RECORDING DEVICES, STILL CAMERAS, OR VIDEO CAMERAS PERMITTED. NO TRANSMISSION OR AIDING IN TRANSMITTING ANY DESCRIPTION, ACCOUNT, PICTURE, OR REPRODUCTION OF THE EVENT, GAME, PERFORMANCE, OR EXHIBITION. YOU HEREBY CONSENT TO THE REASONABLE SEARCH FOR ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES, DRUGS, OR WEAPONS. YOU FURTHER CONSENT TO THE USE OF YOUR IMAGE OR LIKENESS INCIDENTAL TO ANY DISPLAY, TRANSMISSION, OR REPRODUCTION OF THE EVENT. MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ADMISSION OR EJECT ANY PERSON WHOSE CONDUCT IS DEEMED BY MANAGEMENT TO BE DISORDERLY OR WHO FAILS TO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN. IN THE EVENT OF A CANCELLATION FOR WHICH THERE IS NO RESCHEDULED DATE, A REFUND FOR THIS TICKET MAY BE ISSUED AT THE OPTION OF THE MANAGEMENT AND MAY NOT INCLUDE ADDITIONAL TICKETING FEES (I.E., TICKETING OPERATIONS FEE, SHIPPING FEES, ETC.).
Phone: 206-388-0833 | Email: BoxOffice@sjcc.org
Monday-Friday, 9 am-4 pm during regular business hours.
SJCC Arts + Ideas programs, unless otherwise specified, take place at the Stroum Jewish Community Center on Mercer Island (hours + directions). Check SJCC Arts + Ideas venue listings here or the Seattle Jewish Film Festival here for venue locations and directions.
SJCC is ADA compliant and our seating system is hearing loop (t-coil direct) outfitted. Please ask your provider how to use/program the t-coil setting on your device. SJCC is also outfitted with an Assistive Listening System. Please ask an usher for an amplification device, if needed (cell phone number and driver’s license required). If you need a front-row seat, aisle seat, or wheelchair accessible space, please indicate when purchasing general admission tickets or select an accessible seat online or by phone for reserved seating. For film screenings, generally only foreign-language films are fully captioned with subtitles. Check our website for details. Virtual and Zoom programs are generally not captioned.
There is free, ample, and accessible parking in the SJCC parking lot, on the street, and nearby at the Municipal Buildings. Please do not park across the street at Herzl-Ner Tamid or at the French American School unless signs indicate these as overflow lots.
- SJCC works hard to promote the responsible consumption of alcoholic beverages. Our alcohol policies are listed below:
- All guests purchasing or having pre-purchased alcohol must present a valid ID* (see below), regardless of what age they appear.
- Alcohol will not be served to minors (anyone under 21 years of age).
- Alcohol will not be served to guests without acceptable forms of ID*
- There will be a two (2) beer/wine limit, per transaction, at concession stands and portable concessions until alcohol cut, which varies by show.
- There will be a one (1) spirit limit, per transaction, at concession stands and portable concessions until alcohol cut, which varies by show.
- Guests passing alcohol to minors will be ejected and reported to local authorities.
- Guests possessing alcohol, who do not have proof of being at least 21 years of age, may be ejected.
- We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcohol to anyone.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be brought into the SJCC. Any attempt to bring alcohol inside will be considered a violation of the Code of Conduct and may result in the Guest being ejected, arrested, or tickets being revoked.
- Alcohol will not be sold to guests who appear intoxicated.
- If a guest seems intoxicated and is the sole driver, the SJCC will call a cab for the guest.
*The following forms of ID are acceptable at SJCC:
- A Driver’s License — A driver’s license issued by any U.S. state or any Canadian province.
- A U.S. Military ID — An official U.S. Military ID card, including active duty, reserve, retired, and/or dependent card.
- A State ID Card — An official state ID card issued by a U.S. state or Canadian province
- A current, unexpired official Passport issued by any nation.
The following forms of ID are NOT acceptable at SJCC:
- Punched IDs are NOT acceptable.
- Expired IDs are NOT acceptable.
- Temporary IDs are NOT acceptable.