Our Adaptive Swim Lessons program is for children and adults in partnership with Nurturing Water Therapies. The program uses techniques that place emphasis on swimming skills modified or adapted to accommodate individual abilities, needs, and goals, regardless of age. Lessons are created for, but not limited to, those with anxiety, physical, sensory, communication or behavior challenges.
Lessons may include:
- Pool entry and exit
- Basic water safety skills
- Independent swimming skills
- Adaptive stroke techniques
- Balance and core strength
- Why should I choose adaptive swim lessons for me/my child/my dependent?
- Why teach my child with special needs how to swim?
- Who benefits from adaptive swim lessons?