Since 1981, the J’s co-rec softball league has been a mainstay of Mercer Island summers.
Whether you’re a competitive veteran after the title or a rookie just looking to relax and have some fun in the sun, we’ve got a place for you. You can assemble your own team of friends and coworkers or join up with some new friends. So dust off your glove, lace up the cleats, and get ready to take the field.
Registration for 2018 is closed – join us next summer! Thanks to all the teams who participated!
Did you know that one of the founding teams is still led by its original captain? Or that an estimated 5,000 people have played in the league over its 35+ years? Learn a few fun facts about this great SJCC tradition!
Games are played primarily on Sundays. There may be few Monday games for playoffs or to make up games that get rained out. Games are played at the South Mercer Island Playfields, SE 78th & 84th SE.
Things to Know:
- We mainly play double headers.
- Sometimes they are same-team double headers, other times they’re revolving-team double headers.
- You are guaranteed 14 regular season games and at least 2 playoff games.
- Playoffs are double elimination.
- We have turf infields and grass outfields on three of our fields and one field with a dirt infield and a grass outfield.
- We do not play Mother’s Day (Sunday, May 13) or Memorial Day weekend (Sunday, May 27).
$95 SJCC members; $120 guests, or
$1,600 per team ($25 off for every SJCC member on a team, up to 4)
$250 hold fee for captains. This holds your team’s spot and is ONLY charged in the event that you register and your team ends up not playing this summer.
Registration for 2018 is closed.
Players must be at least 15 years old to play. There is no age maximum.
Players looking to join a team as a free agent should contact League Coordinator Tiger Budbill.
New teams are always welcome. If you’d like be a team captain, please contact League Coordinator Tiger Budbill.