Become a Red Cross-certified lifeguard in a weekend! Sign up for one of our upcoming lifeguard training courses and you’ll be ready for summer lifeguard jobs. You’ll be certified in lifeguarding, CPR for the professional rescuer, first aid, and use of an AED.
And if you pass the class and get hired at the J, we’ll reimburse your training fee*!
Contact Aquatics Manager Jenny Petty with questions.
*lifeguards must work at the J for at least 3 months before fees are reimbursed.
- Participants must be 15 years old by the last day of their class
- Online material must be completed before class
- You must be able to:
- swim 300 yards continuously
- tread water for 2 minutes without hands
- retrieve a 10-pound brick from a depth of 9 ft and swim 20 yards using only your legs
Select your desired dates. Classes for each session are:
Friday, 6-10 pm
Saturday, 10 am-8 pm
Sunday 10 am-8 pm
May 31-June 1
- No refunds within 48 hours of your class.
- If you need to transfer to a different class after you have registered, there’s a $25 transfer fee.
- If you do not pass the class, we will refund your money, less a $75 fee.