The J’s before and after school care program is a town just for kids in kindergarten to 5th grade.
In Kidstown we believe that children thrive in a safe and engaging environment. Our dedicated staff connects with each child by encouraging high self-esteem, healthy lifestyles, and positive social interactions. There’s always something fun in Kidstown!
At Kidstown, you’ll find:
- NEW! Kids City, an area just for 3rd-5th graders! (available during peak hours)
- Transportation: Buses from all four Mercer Island Elementary Schools pick kids up in the morning and drop them off in the afternoon.
- Community: We welcome a community of students and counselors to come together and learn.
- Flexibility: Our monthly scheduling gives parents the flexibility they need as after-school activities change through the school year.
- Dedicated staff: Our counselors come from our community and make real connections with our low child-to-staff ratios.
- Homework help: Our counselors and staff assist with small group work and individualized instructions that allow children to learn and expand on the knowledge gained in the classroom.
- Exploration: Games, sports, art, and curiosity. There are always new connections to be made, and fun to be had.
For more information, email Kidstown Coordinator Vance Snelson or call 206-829-2668.
Review the Kidstown handbook at left. Please note, if you decide to cancel your Kidstown enrollment for any reason, we require 30 days’ notice.
Hours & Calendar
Monday-Friday, 7-9 am
Monday-Friday, 4-6:30 pm
Extended Wednesdays, 2-6:30 pm
Current Kidstown families can use the form below to revise their child’s monthly schedule and add pick-up permissions. Changes must be submitted before the next monthly billing cycle. This form is required to make changes to a child’s schedule, and may not be substituted with other forms of communication.
All rates listed below are monthly.
If you decide to cancel your Kidstown enrollment for any reason, we require 30 days’ notice.
Morning Care Rates
|Days Per Week||Member||Guest|
Afternoon Care Rates
|Days Per Week||Member||Guest|
|Early Release Fee*||$12/visit||$15/visit|
*Early Release Fee
If your child attends Kidstown during a Wednesday early release day, or a Mercer Island School District half-day, you will be billed an additional fee for each expected visit. French American School and Jewish Day School students will have this fee added to each visit due to their earlier release time.
Five days a week, mornings and afternoons: $615/month
Full-time care requires an established SJCC family membership. If you are not yet an SJCC member, please email Amanda Penland or call 206-388-0838 to start your membership today and receive member pricing for Kidstown and all SJCC programming.
We also offer a drop-in option for families that need care during normal Kidstown hours, but not on a regular basis. You can hit the gym, run errands, or just take a break while your kids get to experience the full line-up of Kidstown programming before or after school.
You must fill out the Kidstown registration form and payment information before you can reserve a drop-in spot.
Reservations required 24 hours in advance; email Kidstown Coordinator Vance Snelson, to reserve your spot.
2019-20 Drop-In Rates
|Afternoons (M, T, Th, F)||4-6:30 pm||$34||$40|
|Wednesday afternoon early release fee
(added to regular afternoon drop-in rate)
You will be charged $1 per minute if your child is picked up after the designated pick-up time. If you are going to be late due to extenuating circumstances, please notify the Kidstown manager. After the third occurrence of a late pick up, you will be charged $20 for the first 10 minutes, then another $1 per minute for every additional minute. Any incurred fee will be charged to your credit card on file.
A limited number of scholarships are available. Please email SJCC Registrar Beth Rosen or call 206-388-1995 with questions.