- This event has passed.
Virtual SJCC Parenting Webinar: Emotion Coaching
January 14 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The SJCC is proud to present a #VirtualSJCC Parenting Webinar: Emotion Coaching led by Melissa Benaroya MSW, LICSW. Join us Thursday, Jan. 14 at 7 pm on Zoom for this live parenting seminar designed to help parents guide their children through life’s ups and downs in a way that builds confidence, resilience and strong relationships.
Emotion coaching helps parents guide their children through life’s ups and downs in a way that builds confidence, resilience and strong relationships. Developed by Dr. John Gottman, author of Raising an Emotionally Intelligent Child, this process helps your child learn how emotions work and how to behave in healthy ways when feelings are strong and develop skills that help them thrive socially and academically. Come learn and practice with your community of parents.
More about the speaker:
Melissa is a licensed therapist with more than 20 years of experience working with children and families. Melissa has a Masters degree in Social Work, is a Credentialed School Counselor and is trained in Positive Discipline. She is also a Certified Gottman Educator offering the Bringing Baby Home Program for families with young children and workshops on Emotion Coaching. Melissa practices as a parenting consultant, coach and speaker to groups and individuals by blending her clinical training with her knowledge of child development and discipline. In 2011 she co-authored the book The Childproof Parent.
She specializes in working with parents of children 1-12 years old because these are the foundational years in both a child’s and a parent’s development! Most parents are just winging it as they go along. Melissa helps parents become more intentional about their parenting and makes the process simple and easy, so that families can focus on having fun together while fostering relationships built on mutual trust and respect.
For more information, visit Melissa’s website HERE.
- Registration for the event is through SJCC.org and the webinar will be held through Zoom as a meeting.
- ECS Families and J-Camp/J-Cation Families are $40 while General Admission is $50.
- Purchase a “ticket” and follow the prompts. The ticket purchase is done through PayPal. Once you register you will receive an email confirmation with the link to the Zoom event from email@example.com. You will also receive an email from “PayPal” as receipt of your purchase. [Check your Junk mail if you don’t readily see the confirmation email.]
- Please keep this email as it contains your link to the event. If you misplace the email and/or the link, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your PayPal receipt and we will send you another link.
- No refunds or exchanges will be offered for missing the webinar. Refunds will ONLY be offered if entire webinar is canceled.
We have put together an FAQ page on registering for our virtual classes here. If you are having trouble getting your registration email, we encourage you to check out the FAQs first. If you are still having trouble, please email us at email@example.com.
After submitting registration, you should receive your confirmation email with the Zoom link within 5 to 10 minutes. Please check your spam/junk folder. If you still do not have it, email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and we will send you the Zoom link.