Virtual Cinema Series: ASIA
September 18 @ 8:00 pm - September 26 @ 8:00 pm
Shira Haas (SHTISEL, UNORTHODOX) stars in this poignant, award-winning Israeli drama about a rebellious teen and her free-spirited mother. Stream anytime, September 18-September 26. Find full details about our new Virtual Cinema series below.
Household Tickets: $10-12
One-week streaming window: available Sat, Sept 18, at 8 pm, until Sat, Sept 26, at 8 pm
ABOUT THE FILM
Directed by Ruthy Pribar | Narrative Drama | Israel | 2020 | 85m | Hebrew and Russian w/English subtitles | Rated PG
In this poignant drama claiming top prize at the Israeli Academy Awards, actress Shira Haas (SHTISEL and UNORTHODOX) is exceptional as a rebellious teen dealing with a progressive illness and fraught relationship with her free-spirited mother.
Asia (Alena Yiv), a single parent at an early age who emigrated from Russia with daughter Vika (Haas), works long hours as a nurse in Jerusalem. Both are stubborn, opinionated, and brusque. As her daughter enters adulthood, she tests boundaries and inevitably rebels against her mother’s lax parenting. But as her health worsens, Asia must become the mother Vika desperately needs. A bravely unsentimental rumination on motherhood, desire, and mortality, the assured feature debut of writer-director Ruthy Pribar is Israel’s Best International Feature Film Oscar submission.
A monthly series of virtual screenings through the Seattle Jewish Film Festival’s streaming delivery platform. Available online between 72 hours to one week, depending on the film.
HOW TO WATCH?
- The film will be available online for one week.
- Click here to purchase your household ticket in advance and watch anytime during the viewing window.
- Once you purchase a ticket, you will receive an order confirmation email. You will receive another email one (1) hour before the streaming window opens and the film is released. If you purchase a ticket after the streaming window opens, you will receive a Virtual Access email with a watch link.
- You may purchase a ticket up to two (2) hours before the streaming window closes, but you cannot watch after the film’s expiration date and time.
- If you don’t receive a confirmation or Virtual Access email, please check your spam/junk mail (look for “Seattle Jewish Film Festival” or “Elevent”/firstname.lastname@example.org). You can also access your watch link online. Just login to your patron account (using the email/password created when purchasing tickets) to view order history and watch links to actively streaming films purchased films.