- This event has passed.
Marjorie Ingall, “Sorry, Sorry, Sorry”
September 21 • 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Why are apologies so difficult? Marjorie Ingall, co-author of “Sorry, Sorry, Sorry,” provides insight and guidance in this virtual conversation. As we approach the High Holidays, Ingall shares apology and forgiveness best practices—with a healthy dose of wit and humor—to help us make the world a better place, one apology at a time.
Drawing on a deep well of studies in brain science, sociology, psychology, law, and medicine, Marjorie Ingall (author of “Mamaleh Knows Best,” and a former columnist for “Tablet Magazine” and “The Forward”) and Susan McCarthy (co-author of the international bestseller “When Elephants Weep”) explain why a good apology is hard to find and why it doesn’t have to be.
Alongside a six (and a half!)-step formula for apologizing beautifully, “Sorry, Sorry, Sorry” delves into research on why good apologies are psychologically difficult; why corporations, celebrities, and governments seldom apologize well; how to teach children to apologize; how to respond to a bad apology; how gender, race, and power affect apologies and forgiveness; and most of all, why good apologies are essential, powerful, and restorative.
In partnership with Jewish Book Council.
Moderated by Warren Etheredge, Storyfinder.
Part of the 2023-24 Chew on This Speaker Series: authors, thought leaders, and chefs to feed the mind, body, spirit, and palate.
Book Bundle: $29.99 (includes book + event ticket)
Talk Only: $15 adults | $12 seniors/students
Additional book copies: $28.99 + tax
Processing fees apply at checkout
Books available for pickup after the program or shipped for $5.
About the Author
Marjorie Ingall is the author of “Mamaleh Knows Best: What Jewish Mothers Do to Raise Creative, Empathetic, Independent Children,” and “The Field Guide to North American Males.” A former columnist for “Tablet Magazine” and “The Forward,” she is a frequent contributor to “The New York Times Book Review” and has written for many other outlets. Learn more at marjorieingall.com.
Event Details + Box Office Policies
- ALL SALES FINAL | NO REFUNDS | NO EXCHANGES | NO CREDITS
- Patrons will receive a reminder email with event details and livestream links one (1) hour before the virtual event.
- Facility and processing fees apply at checkout
- Patrons agree to all SJCC terms and conditions above and at SJCC Box Office + Venue Policies Page.
- Book purchasers will be notified when books will be shipped after the program.
Contact BoxOffice@sjcc.org | 206-388-0833 (email is best for a quick response!)
(response time: 24 hrs weekdays-48 hrs weekends)
Visit SJCC Arts + Ideas Box Office for full list of policies.
- September 21
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- $12 – $29
- Event Categories:
- Adults + Seniors, Arts + Ideas, Arts Featured Events, Author, Demographics: Adults, Demographics: Seniors (55+ better), Demographics: Young Adults, Holiday Programs, J Community, Jewish Life, Talks, Virtual SJCC, Young Adult Programs
- Event Tags:
- High Holidays, Holidays
- Event Partners:
- Jewish Book Council