“Let’s Light Up Hanukkah” Video Series
December 10 @ 4:00 pm - December 17 @ 4:00 pm
Tune in at 4 pm every night of Hanukkah to hear how our community is spreading light this season. In our “Let’s Light Up Hanukkah” video series, our community reflects on where they found light in their lives this past year and how they’re going to spread light in the coming year.
Want to submit your own video? Pick one of the three prompts below to answer and record by following the instructions provided. Please keep videos short (20 seconds or less). Thank you for spreading light in our community! Please email your video to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1. Contact Stephanie Aaronson with any questions.
- Prompt 1: What brought light into your life in 2020?
If you choose to answer this prompt, start your video with, “In 2020 …”
- Prompt 2: What light do you look forward to in 2021? OR How do you look forward to spreading light in 2021?
If you choose to answer this prompt, start your video with, “In 2021 … ”
- Prompt 3: Share a poem, saying, or song that inspires you to spread light.
If you choose to answer this prompt, start your video with the name of the poem (if applicable) and the author. Example: “The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost [then begin the saying or poem]”
- Use your cell phone, iPad, or video recording device and record horizontally with no filter
- If possible, hold a lit candle high enough so it’s on-screen but not so high that we can’t see your face(s).
- Make sure you’re filming in a quiet spot. (We love the great outdoors — if you can take your video safely outside with our beautiful fall colors as a backdrop, that would be great. If you are inside, please position yourself with an appropriate background)
- Pause for 3 seconds at the beginning before speaking and pause for 3 seconds after speaking to end your video — this will be used for editing transitions
- Please keep your video to 20 seconds or less
- Choose a prompt to answer and start your video as requested (“In 2020,” “In 2021,” “[Poem name and author]”)
- Email your video to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, by attaching the video directly from your device. Before you send us your video, please make sure we can hear you.