- This event has passed.
Gili Yalo in Concert
May 5 @ 7:00 pm
Stroum Jewish Community Center, Hillel UW, and Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle Present: Gili Yalo in Concert
In Person + Livestreamed
Celebrate Israel’s birthday (Yom Ha’Atzmaut) with an in-person and livestreamed global music concert from musician Gili Yalo, whose intriguing combination of dance Afrobeats, R&B, soul, and futuristic brass comes from a personal and poignant place.
$20 seniors 65+
*Seating is general admission. All ticketed patrons will receive a livestream link one (1) hour before showtime via email. Patrons can choose whether to attend the event in person or watch the livestream. No refunds, credits, or exchanges. All patrons agree to SJCC Box Office and Venue Policies and SJCC’s current policies.
Concessions for sale before the event, including wine and beer — join us in the J Cafe!
About the Artist
Gili Yalo’s music embodies his incredible personal story as an Ethiopian Israeli and a refugee. His love of singing came about through hardship. During Operation Moses, the covert evacuation of Ethiopian Jews during a famine in 1984, his family fled to refugee camps in Sudan. As they made the perilous trip through the desert on foot toward the “Promised Land,” Yalo’s singing was their constant companion. Music encouraged them to keep moving during their exhausting and emotional journey.
Gili Yalo’s band sends audiences on an entrancing rhythmic journey through grooves, beats, and flows. His music gives new meaning to traditional Ethiopian music and is an expression of advanced musical arrangements and personal triumph.
His new EP, “Made in Amharica,” is a result of his cooperation with Grammy Award-nominee Niles City Sound of Dallas, combining modern sounds with Ethiopian roots, dance beats, blues, jazz, and piping-hot soulful funk.
Box Office + Venue Policies
- ALL SALES FINAL | NO REFUNDS | NO EXCHANGES | NO CREDITS
- General Admission Show: All patrons upon purchase (whether attending in-person or virtual via livestream) must select reserved seats upon purchasing your tickets.
- Note to Livestream Patrons: Select the “Livestream only” ticket and pick seats in the last row at the back-of-house.
- All patrons will receive an event reminder email one (1) hour before showtime, including a virtual access link to log into the livestream show when it starts.
- Presale Concessions Available! Buy wine/beer/refreshments and noshes upon completing your ticket purchase, and get a discount and avoid the lines. No outside food allowed.
- Processing + facility fees applied at checkout
- When coming to the Stroum Jewish Community Center, please view our Welcome Back + Stay Heathy pages and agree to all SJCC terms and conditions above and at SJCC Box Office + Venue Policies page.
- All patrons over 5 years old must show proof of full vaccination upon entering the venue. Mask wearing is optional and welcome.
Contact BoxOffice@sjcc.org | 206-388-0833 (email is best for a quick response!)
(response time: 24 hrs weekdays – 48 hrs weekends)