Early Childhood School
We miss seeing you all at the J every day! We know this community extends far beyond the walls of the J, and as we navigate these unusual times together (yet physically farther apart), we want to offer ways you can stay connected to the J — even when you’re at home. Check out how you can stay connected through Virtual SJCC and SJCC TV.
Check out our Virtual SJCC schedule for live online events, including our virtual Tot Shabbat, live stories from your favorites teachers every day, and more. This schedule is just taking off, so check back often. Learn more >>
LIVE: Storytime with ECS
Hear your favorite ECS teachers read a story or two every day at 10:30 am on Facebook. Learn more >>
LIVE: Community Shabbat & Storytime
Join us for community Shabbat on Fridays at 10:30 am. Learn more >>
LIVE: Tot Shabbat
Sing along with the J every Friday at 9:45 am. Learn more >>
LIVE: PJ Library Song & Story Time
Move around, sing some songs, and hear new (or familiar stories) with Betsy and PJ Library. Tune in Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, at 11:30 am. Live on Zoom; or check PJ Library’s Facebook and Instagram pages.
PJ Library March Madness
Lisa the Librarian leads you through a March Madness competition of Jewish kids books! Download and fill out your own bracket and then check out PJ Library’s Facebook and Instagram pages to see if your picks have made it to the next round.
ParentMap Resources for Families
At ParentMap, they know the struggle is real because they’re in it, too. They’re pulling together a go-to guide for resources for families during these uncertain times. Check back often for updates. Read more >>
23 Fun Activities To Do with Kids Using Stuff You Already Have at Home
How do you stay sane if you’re indefinitely stuck inside with toddlers in the house? The Seattle Times rounded up their best kid-tested activities with supplies you probably already have at home. Read more >>
Pacific Science Center: Curiosity at Home
Our amazing J Camp partners Pacific Science Center offers daily activities to ignite your curiosity at home – streaming live science shows, hands-on STEM activities, tutorials, and more. Get curious >>
Plug in to the J community wherever you are!
ECS Story Time
ECS teachers share some of their favorite stories with us!
- “Sun Dog, Fun Dog” read by Hallie
- “One Good Deed” read by Caitlyn
- “Curious George Plants a Tree” read by Carrie
- “If you Give a Mouse a Cookie” and “There’s a Wocket in my Pocket!” read by Hallie
- “The Very Hungry Caterpillar” and “Curious George Makes Pancakes” ready by Carrie
- “Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel” read by Jenny
- “Millions of Cats” and “Socks” read by Jenny
- “A to Z” read by Hallie
- “Brown Bear Brown Bear, What Do You See?” read by Hallie
Inside the ECS Classroom
Go inside our classrooms with crafts and activity ideas from our teachers.
- Counting and Matching with Dominos from Emily
- LEGO Challenge from Caitlyn
- Painting Project from Alicia (part 1 & part 2)
- Art in the Garden with Jenny
The J’s Early Childhood School is more than a preschool. Our Reggio Emilia-inspired program offers full-day and part-day options for infants to pre-k that prepare children for kindergarten and beyond.
When your child attends ECS, your whole family becomes part of our community.
The J’s Early Childhood School welcomes everyone. Joy, learning, and celebrating together are core SJCC values that underlie all ECS programming. At ECS, you’ll find:
- Jewish values combined with leading early childhood development theories to create an environment where children become compassionate, curious, and confident learners.
- Innovative learning experiences that help build a strong foundation in language, math, and early literacy
- Support for the “whole child,” including emotional, social, cognitive, and physical development
- Low child-to-teacher ratios and class size
- Beautiful, open classrooms filled with high-quality, open-ended, natural materials
- Outdoor spaces to explore
- Music, swimming, art studio, library, and little gym
Registration is now open for the 2020-21 school year. Schedule a tour today!
Our Early Childhood School is inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy. We believe children are competent, capable individuals eager to discover the world around them.Learn More
Who We Are
The SJCC Early Childhood School creates an environment where children become compassionate, curious, and confident learners. Upon this foundation, lifelong friendships form, traditions thrive, and community strengthens.Learn More
We welcome children ages 3 months to pre-k. Find the right program for your family.Learn More
Our experienced and caring early childhood school teachers are excited to welcome your child to their classrooms for a wonderful year of learning, play, and exploration.Learn more
Learn More + Join Our School
Learn more about tours and applications.Learn More