Arts + Ideas
We miss seeing you all at the J every day! We know this community extends far beyond the walls of the J, and as we navigate these unusual times together (yet physically farther apart), we want to offer ways you can stay connected to the J — even when you’re at home. Check out how you can stay connected through Virtual SJCC and SJCC TV.
Plug in to the J community wherever you are!
SJCC On Demand
Missed the show? Now you can get front row and center stage for your very own encore performance at the click of a button. Stay engaged, inspired, and connected — long after the curtain falls. Watch now >>
Thought Leaders + Speakers
Expand your mind with these engaging talks from thought leaders and speakers from JCCs of North America. Watch now >>
92nd Street Y Talks & Podcasts
Incredible talks with some of the most influential leaders in culture, politics, business and the arts. Here are a few we think you might like:
- Barry Sonnenfeld & Jerry Seinfeld: the pair discusses director Barry Sonnenfeld’s (Men in Black, Pushing Daisies, A Series of Unfortunate Events) new memoir, “Call Your Mother.” Watch now >>
- JoJo Rabbit: director Taika Waititi and producer Carthew Neal discuss the Oscar-winning WWII satire with Ariel Foxman. Watch now >>
- Michael Chabon: the author reads from his new series of essays, “Pops.” Watch now >>
Need something to accompany your solo walks around the block? Check out these engaging podcasts:
- Ezra Klein w/Malcolm Gladwell discuss Klein’s new book about the polarization of American politics. Listen now >>
- “Unorthodox Live”: a smart, fresh, fun weekly take on Jewish news and culture. Listen now >>
- “Unorthodox Live @ the J: Sleepless in Seattle w/ guests Dan Savage and Rabbi Will Berkowitz. Listen now >>
Bring the Seattle Jewish Film festival into your living room with these festival favorites you can stream from your couch.
Yidlife Crisis: Double Date – YouTube
The Driver is Red – YouTube
Wendy’s Shabbat – PBS POV
93Queen – PBS POV
1945 – iTunes | Amazon
Dough- iTunes | Amazon
Heading Home: The Tale of Team Israel – iTunes | Amazon
The Matchmaker – iTunes | Amazon
The ZigZag Kid – iTunes
The Women’s Balcony – iTunes | Amazon
Check out our Virtual SJCC schedule for live online events, including our virtual Tot Shabbat, conversations thanks to partners like Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle, and more. This schedule is just taking off, so check back often. Learn more >>
Jewish Women’s Archive: The Quarantine Book Club
Read something other than the news and to come together virtually to discuss books, writing, and telling Jewish stories. JWA and JewishLIVE have arranged three book talks with authors on Zoom. We hope to (virtually) see you there! Details + registration >>
- Wednesday, March 25, 8 p.m. EDT: Join Rachel Barenbaum, author of A Bend in The Stars for a virtual conversation.
- Thursday, April 2, 8 p.m. EDT: Join Esther Safran Foer, author of I Want You to Know We’re Still Here for a virtual conversation.
J Book Club: Little Fires Everywhere”
Zoom Discussion: Monday, May 4 | Time TBD
Join us for the J’s first installment of our new Book Club Series. We will start the series by reading “Little Fires Everywhere,” by Celeste Ng then “come together” through a Zoom call to discuss the book. Sign up >>
The hub of Jewish life in greater Seattle is home to eclectic and invigorating Arts + Ideas programs.
2019-20 Season Tickets On Sale Now!
SJCC is thrilled to bring you another amazing season of Arts+Ideas! This season’s artists will make you think, laugh until you cry, consider a different side of things, dance the night away, and connect with your community. Click the image at left to check out the full season brochure.