SJCC Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates
The SJCC continues to monitor the coronavirus situations. Please continue to check back here for the latest.
Sign up for SJCC emails to get updates (select “General J News” from the options)
- CDC Coronavirus
- CDC COVID-19 FAQ
- King County Public Health – March 4 Recommendations
- King County Public Health
- King County COVID-19 FAQ
- City of Mercer Island Proclamation of Emergency
- Washington State Public Health Department coronavirus page is informative and is updated daily
- Public Health – Seattle and King County Coronavirus Information page.
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus update page
- Anti-stigma Resources
- WA State Department of Health Call Center – If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.
- For Mercer Island residents: Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) has mental health services available 24 hours a day/5 days a week for families and students while schools are closed.
Coronavirus News Updates
- An Update on J Camp & New Summer Offering (5/26/2020) - We are moving full-steam ahead to create a fun-filled summer for your kids called J-Cation! This will replace all previously scheduled J Camp sessions.
- An Update on the J from CEO Amy Lavin (5/21/2020) - Stroum Jewish Community Center CEO Amy Lavin gives an update on the J. "We still long to see people back here in real life, and I want to talk about how we hope to get there." Watch now.
- Arts + Ideas Events Postponed Through May 30 (4/23/2020) - Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of the coronavirus pandemic, ticket sales are currently on hold for all Arts + Ideas programs through May 30.
- Spring J Kids Classes Cancelled (4/16/2020) - With Governor Inslee's announcement that schools will remain closed through the school year, we have made the unfortunate choice to cancel our spring swim lessons, enrichment, and after school classes. Find out what to do about fees you've already paid.
- #LiveWithTheJ: Passover Edition (4/6/2020) - This week with the J - special Passover edition! Workout with your favorite fitness instructors, sign up for our newly launched virtual personal training sessions, get ready for Passover, and more.
- Community Update (4/2/2020) - An update from Amy Lavin, SJCC CEO, and Orem Nissim, SJCC Board of Directors President, on the status of the J and how you can help us navigate this unique time.
- #LiveWithTheJ: Week of Mar. 31 (3/31/2020) - Gear up for another week of digital content from the J! Get a workout in, stream Seattle Jewish Film Festival favorites, bake challah, sing along at Tot Shabbat, and so much more.
- Help Keep the J Healthy with a Sustaining Membership (3/30/2020) - For the SJCC to continue to operate after COVID-19, we need your continued support today. With this in mind, we are asking everyone to continue paying monthly membership dues as a Sustaining Membership.
- At Home With The J (3/18/2020) - We miss seeing you all at the J! We know this community extends far beyond the walls of the J, thus we are excited to launch two ways to engage with the community: Virtual SJCC and SJCC TV.
- SJCC to Close Starting March 16 (3/15/2020) - As we continue to watch and learn more about the global threat of COVID-19, we have decided to completely close the Stroum Jewish Community Center as of 7:00 pm today, Sunday, March 15, 2020.