SJCC Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates
The SJCC continues to monitor the coronavirus situations. Please continue to check back here for the latest.
Watch our latest update video on SJCCtv:
Welcome Back to the J!
Learn more about our building reopening plans and updated policies + procedures:
Sign up for SJCC emails to get updates (select “General J News” from the options)
Coronavirus News Updates
- What to Expect When You Come to the J (6/25/2020) - As we continue to restart on-site activities at the J, we want to remind you about several new policies and procedures that are in place, both for the specific departments and the broader SJCC facility.
- In-Person Fitness Classes + Lap Swim Are Back (6/22/2020) - We're excited to resume limited in-person group fitness classes and lap swim on Wednesday ,June 24, for current SJCC members! Please review the registration instructions and updated procedures.
- Reopening Continues Next Week (6/19/2020) - Building reopening continues with additional programs open to SJCC members only. They'll run on a limited schedule and at reduced capacity to comply with Washington State Safe Start reopening guidelines.
- Beginning Steps to Welcoming You Back to the J (6/12/2020) - As King County moves into a modified Phase One of the Safe Start Washington Reopening plan, the SJCC is also beginning a phased re-opening of in-building activities. Learn more about our plans for the coming weeks.
- An Update on J Camp & New Summer Offering (5/26/2020) - We are moving full-steam ahead to create a fun-filled summer for your kids called J-Cation! This will replace all previously scheduled J Camp sessions.
- An Update on the J from CEO Amy Lavin (5/21/2020) - Stroum Jewish Community Center CEO Amy Lavin gives an update on the J. "We still long to see people back here in real life, and I want to talk about how we hope to get there." Watch now.
- Arts + Ideas Events Postponed Through May 30 (4/23/2020) - Due to the ongoing and evolving nature of the coronavirus pandemic, ticket sales are currently on hold for all Arts + Ideas programs through May 30.
- Spring J Kids Classes Cancelled (4/16/2020) - With Governor Inslee's announcement that schools will remain closed through the school year, we have made the unfortunate choice to cancel our spring swim lessons, enrichment, and after school classes. Find out what to do about fees you've already paid.
- #LiveWithTheJ: Passover Edition (4/6/2020) - This week with the J - special Passover edition! Workout with your favorite fitness instructors, sign up for our newly launched virtual personal training sessions, get ready for Passover, and more.
- Community Update (4/2/2020) - An update from Amy Lavin, SJCC CEO, and Orem Nissim, SJCC Board of Directors President, on the status of the J and how you can help us navigate this unique time.
- CDC Coronavirus
- CDC COVID-19 FAQ
- King County Public Health – March 4 Recommendations
- King County Public Health
- King County COVID-19 FAQ
- City of Mercer Island Proclamation of Emergency
- Washington State Public Health Department coronavirus page is informative and is updated daily
- Public Health – Seattle and King County Coronavirus Information page.
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus update page
- Anti-stigma Resources
- WA State Department of Health Call Center – If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.
- For Mercer Island residents: Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) has mental health services available 24 hours a day/5 days a week for families and students while schools are closed.