SJCC Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates
Stay healthy, stay vigilant.
The latest (March 22, 2020): The State of Washington is currently in Phase 3 of Governor Jay Inslee’s Roadmap to Recovery phased reopening plan. For more on what that means to the J, visit our Welcome Back pages.
- When Coming to the J
- Quick Links + Resources Regarding COVID-19
- News Updates
- SJCCtv Welcome Back Videos
- Coping Resources
When Coming to the J:
Learn more about our updated policies + procedures as we navigate the COVID-19:
Sign up for SJCC emails to get updates (select “General J News” from the options)
- CDC Coronavirus
- CDC COVID-19 FAQ
- King County Public Health
- King County COVID-19 FAQ
- City of Mercer Island Proclamation of Emergency
- Washington State Public Health Department coronavirus page is informative and is updated daily
- Washington State Public Health Department – Pool Guidelines
- Washington State Public Health Department – Mental Health Resources
- Washington State Public Health Department – Safer Gatherings Information
- Public Health – Seattle and King County Coronavirus Information page0
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus update page
- Anti-Stigma Resources
- WA State Department of Health Call Center – If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.
- For Mercer Island residents: Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) has mental health services available 24 hours a day/5 days a week for families and students while schools are closed.
Coronavirus News Updates
- Locker Room Use Expanded: Showers Now Available (3/30/2021) - Beginning Thursday, April 1, in accordance with Department of Health guidelines, the J will expand our locker room use to include sectioned-off, socially distanced showers.
- No Workout Reservations Required (3/18/2021) - Starting Monday, March 22, reservations are no longer required to work out in the Fitness Center, as part of the state of Washington's move into Phase 3 of the "Healthy Washington: Roadmap to Recovery."
- More Space to Work Out at the J! (1/29/2021) - Starting Monday, we'll have 17 spots available in the J's fitness center (including the north side of the basketball gym) during each workout timeslot.
- Fitness Activities to Reopen Jan 11 (1/6/2021) - In light of the new guidelines announced by Governor Inslee on Tuesday, January 5, we hope to reopen the SJCC fitness center and indoor fitness activities starting Monday, January 11. Stay tuned for more details in the coming days
- Fitness Center to Close Monday, Nov 16, at 6 pm (11/15/2020) - Following the latest health mandate from Governor Inslee and the State of Washington, the SJCC's fitness center will close as of 6:00 pm Monday, Nov. 16, 2020.
- Stay Healthy, Stay Vigilant: An Update from CEO Amy Lavin (11/12/2020) - It's been wonderful to see faces back at the J and we're grateful the community has adapted to all the new procedures. And we're asking everyone to keep it up! As COVID-19 infection rates surge in King County, we must all remain vigilant to protect our own health and that of our community. Hear the latest from CEO Amy Lavin.
- Expanding Weekend Fitness Hours (10/29/2020) - Starting November 7, we're offering an additional weekend timeslot for both lap swim and the Fitness Center. Workout and swim sessions will be available starting at 9 am on Saturdays and Sundays. Sign up >>
- New Fit + Fun Afterschool Program (10/26/2020) - Our new Fit + Fun afterschool program is for kids in kindergarten through 4th grade to stay active and engaged after school.
- Work from the J Cafe (10/22/2020) - Need a change of scenery from your home office? Beginning Oct. 26, come work at the J Café! We're offering four two-hour work sessions every weekday for J members.
- Changes to Online Fitness Classes (10/16/2020) - Beginning Mon, Oct 19, we are making changes to our online fitness classes. They will remain free to our members who will still have access to all the workouts in an online On-Demand library. Guests will now be asked to pay $10 per class and will not have access to the On-Demand workouts.
Watch our latest update video on SJCCtv:
A Pandemic Year: Reflection + Hope
SJCCtv: SJCC Update - Stay Vigilant (Nov. 12)
Community Never Closes - YOU Power the J
SJCCtv Replay: How to Work Out at the J Webinar
SJCCtv Replay: J-Cation Fall Orientation
SJCCtv: Update on the J - Summer Fun
SJCCtv Replay: ECS Town Hall Meeting (June 17)
SJCCtv Replay: J-Cation Parent Orientation
SJCCtv Replay: Town Hall Meeting (June 9)
SJCCtv: Update on the J
SJCCtv: Update on the J - June 12
SJCCtv: Welcome Back to ECS
Coping Resources During Uncertain Times
Jewish Family Service has also published this list of Community Resources: