SJCC Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates
Stay healthy, stay vigilant.
- News Updates
- When Coming to the J
- Quick Links + Resources Regarding COVID-19
- SJCCtv Welcome Back Videos
- Coping Resources
Coronavirus News Updates
- SJCC COVID-19 Cases Reported (6/26/2022) - With the recent surge of COVID-19 in the region, the SJCC will now be publishing a running report reflecting COVID-19 incidents directly affecting the SJCC community. Each incident will be listed with date and impact information, beginning July 1, 2021.
- Stay Healthy – Latest Update (6/17/2022) - Public Health leaders urge public to prepare now for rapid surge in local COVID-19 Omicron cases – PUBLIC HEALTH INSIDER
- Shana Tova from the SJCC (9/3/2021) - Rolling into September and the Jewish New Year, SJCC CEO Amy Lavin shares the excitement of fall at the J. Plus: an update on the J’s new COVID-19 mitigation protocols.
- Updated SJCC Entry Option (8/6/2021) - We have a new digital health attestation online form you can complete prior to arriving to the J.
- All Locker Rooms Open June 21 (6/17/2021) - Starting Monday, all locker rooms will be open. Please continue to follow all signs around the property as we adapt foot and vehicle traffic patterns to meet user needs and uphold COVID-19 mitigation protocols.
- Locker Room Use Expanded: Showers Now Available (3/30/2021) - Beginning Thursday, April 1, in accordance with Department of Health guidelines, the J will expand our locker room use to include sectioned-off, socially distanced showers.
- No Workout Reservations Required (3/18/2021) - Starting Monday, March 22, reservations are no longer required to work out in the Fitness Center, as part of the state of Washington's move into Phase 3 of the "Healthy Washington: Roadmap to Recovery."
- More Space to Work Out at the J! (1/29/2021) - Starting Monday, we'll have 17 spots available in the J's fitness center (including the north side of the basketball gym) during each workout timeslot.
- Fitness Activities to Reopen Jan 11 (1/6/2021) - In light of the new guidelines announced by Governor Inslee on Tuesday, January 5, we hope to reopen the SJCC fitness center and indoor fitness activities starting Monday, January 11. Stay tuned for more details in the coming days
- Fitness Center to Close Monday, Nov 16, at 6 pm (11/15/2020) - Following the latest health mandate from Governor Inslee and the State of Washington, the SJCC's fitness center will close as of 6:00 pm Monday, Nov. 16, 2020.
When Coming to the J:
Learn more about our updated policies + procedures as we navigate the COVID-19:
Sign up for SJCC emails to get updates (select “General J News” from the options)
- CDC Coronavirus
- CDC COVID-19 FAQ
- King County Public Health
- King County COVID-19 FAQ
- City of Mercer Island Proclamation of Emergency
- Washington State Public Health Department coronavirus page is informative and is updated daily
- Washington State Public Health Department – Pool Guidelines
- Washington State Public Health Department – Mental Health Resources
- Washington State Public Health Department – Safer Gatherings Information
- Public Health – Seattle and King County Coronavirus Information page0
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus update page
- Anti-Stigma Resources
- WA State Department of Health Call Center – If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.
- For Mercer Island residents: Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) has mental health services available 24 hours a day/5 days a week for families and students while schools are closed.
Watch our latest update video on SJCCtv:
Tot Shabbat with Chava (March 11, 2022)
2022 SJCC Celebration & Fundraiser
2021 Summer J Camp: A Look Back
Rolling Into 5782: Ready For Fall at the J
A Pandemic Year: Reflection + Hope
SJCCtv: SJCC Update - Stay Vigilant (Nov. 12)
Community Never Closes - YOU Power the J
SJCCtv Replay: How to Work Out at the J Webinar
SJCCtv Replay: J-Cation Fall Orientation
SJCCtv: Update on the J - Summer Fun
SJCCtv Replay: ECS Town Hall Meeting (June 17)
SJCCtv Replay: J-Cation Parent Orientation
Coping Resources During Uncertain Times
Jewish Family Service has also published this list of Community Resources: