SJCC Coronavirus/COVID-19 Updates
Stay healthy, stay vigilant.
- When Coming to the J
- Quick Links + Resources Regarding COVID-19
- News Updates
- SJCCtv Welcome Back Videos
- Coping Resources
When Coming to the J:
Learn more about our updated policies + procedures as we navigate the COVID-19:
Sign up for SJCC emails to get updates (select “General J News” from the options)
- CDC Coronavirus
- CDC COVID-19 FAQ
- King County Public Health
- King County COVID-19 FAQ
- City of Mercer Island Proclamation of Emergency
- Washington State Public Health Department coronavirus page is informative and is updated daily
- Washington State Public Health Department – Pool Guidelines
- Washington State Public Health Department – Mental Health Resources
- Washington State Public Health Department – Safer Gatherings Information
- Public Health – Seattle and King County Coronavirus Information page0
- World Health Organization – Coronavirus update page
- Anti-Stigma Resources
- WA State Department of Health Call Center – If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, please call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.
- For Mercer Island residents: Mercer Island Youth & Family Services (MIYFS) has mental health services available 24 hours a day/5 days a week for families and students while schools are closed.
Coronavirus News Updates
- Fitness Activities to Reopen Jan 11 (1/6/2021) - In light of the new guidelines announced by Governor Inslee on Tuesday, January 5, we hope to reopen the SJCC fitness center and indoor fitness activities starting Monday, January 11. Stay tuned for more details in the coming days
- Fitness Center to Close Monday, Nov 16, at 6 pm (11/15/2020) - Following the latest health mandate from Governor Inslee and the State of Washington, the SJCC's fitness center will close as of 6:00 pm Monday, Nov. 16, 2020.
- Stay Healthy, Stay Vigilant: An Update from CEO Amy Lavin (11/12/2020) - It's been wonderful to see faces back at the J and we're grateful the community has adapted to all the new procedures. And we're asking everyone to keep it up! As COVID-19 infection rates surge in King County, we must all remain vigilant to protect our own health and that of our community. Hear the latest from CEO Amy Lavin.
- Expanding Weekend Fitness Hours (10/29/2020) - Starting November 7, we're offering an additional weekend timeslot for both lap swim and the Fitness Center. Workout and swim sessions will be available starting at 9 am on Saturdays and Sundays. Sign up >>
- New Fit + Fun Afterschool Program (10/26/2020) - Our new Fit + Fun afterschool program is for kids in kindergarten through 4th grade to stay active and engaged after school.
- Work from the J Cafe (10/22/2020) - Need a change of scenery from your home office? Beginning Oct. 26, come work at the J Café! We're offering four two-hour work sessions every weekday for J members.
- Changes to Online Fitness Classes (10/16/2020) - Beginning Mon, Oct 19, we are making changes to our online fitness classes. They will remain free to our members who will still have access to all the workouts in an online On-Demand library. Guests will now be asked to pay $10 per class and will not have access to the On-Demand workouts.
- Locker Rooms Reopen Oct. 19 (10/14/2020) - Beginning Monday, October 19, the downstairs family boys' and girls' locker rooms will be open for swimmers to use for changing only.
- Doubling Fitness Center Openings (10/10/2020) - Working within Safe Start guidelines, we are excited to announce that we've moved some cardio equipment into the north half of the basketball gym, doubling the available timeslots during every session the Fitness Center is open.
- Expanding Fitness Center Hours + In-Person Group Fitness (10/2/2020) - Working within Safe Start guidelines, we are excited to announce the fitness center now offers 400 fitness sessions per week for our members, an increase of 113 sessions (per week) from the previous month! Plus: the indoor track opens Oct 5 and we're now offering 11 in-person fitness classes.
Watch our latest update video on SJCCtv:
SJCCtv: SJCC Update - Stay Vigilant (Nov. 12)
Community Never Closes - YOU Power the J
SJCCtv: Update on the J - Summer Fun
SJCCtv Replay: How to Work Out at the J Webinar
SJCCtv Replay: J-Cation Fall Orientation
SJCCtv Replay: ECS Town Hall Meeting (June 17)
SJCCtv Replay: J-Cation Parent Orientation
SJCCtv Replay: Town Hall Meeting (June 9)
SJCCtv: Update on the J
SJCCtv: Update on the J - June 12
SJCCtv: Welcome Back to ECS
SJCCtv: Welcome Back - Fitness Update (June 25)
Coping Resources During Uncertain Times
Jewish Family Service has also published this list of Community Resources: