Thanks to our families for your continued partnership and for sharing your feedback with us. We were so pleased with the results of the recent parent survey and want to congratulate Carrie, Tara, Shayna, Nicci, and the teachers for all their efforts and care in maintaining ECS as a school of excellence and a community treasure. Here are some highlights from the survey responses:
- Families report being overwhelmingly happy with their child’s overall experience at ECS this year – with 86% of you rating that experience as “excellent.”
- Most parents are “satisfied” or “very satisfied” with the current operations – curbside drop-off and pick-up, schedule/hours, etc., while a few of you would like to see a longer day.
- Many of you commented on how “normal” ECS has felt for the children and acknowledged and appreciated the school’s commitment to our protocols and prioritizing health and safety.
- Communication is strong – parents report high levels of satisfaction with communication from teachers, school administrators, and the SJCC.
- Families in our Kindergarten, Outdoor Classroom, and Virtual ECS are very happy with the programs and thrilled that we added (or revived) them.
- The number one challenge cited was the lack of in-person connection with teachers, the classroom, and other families. We agree! We’ll be looking to partner with room parents and others to further enhance community connections in classrooms and across the school.
- We’ll explore some of the suggestions you shared, like continuing curbside drop-off/pick-up and extending hours for some programs.
Here’s what parents are saying:
“We are so pleased with the [Kindergarten] program and with our teacher! It feels like his academic education is equal or better than he would have gotten with all the perks of him being at the JCC community etc. We are very happy!”
“This is what early childhood education should be: exploration, curiosity, mindfulness, connection, environmentalism, gratitude, kindness, perseverance, friendship… This should continue beyond the pandemic.”
“We love the J! We’re so happy our kids got to have some normalcy amidst a crazy year. Without the J, our kids wouldn’t have had the means to interact with kids their age, so we were grateful you were taking reasonable and responsible COVID precautions.”
“We really appreciate the timely updates from the administration and also the emails each week from her teachers. They do such a wonderful job of filling us in on the activities that the children are doing each day. Makes us feel very involved during a time when we are not able to go into the classroom.”
“Great work all around!!! This is such a stressful time and from everything I see, you all are doing a really great job. Thank you for all the hard work!”
“Despite all of the new rules and procedures, our experience this year is definitely in the ‘spirit of the J.’“
The comments above truly capture the essence of this year so far. Thank you again for sharing your children with us – we are honored to spend our days with them.