As we continue to restart on-site activities at the J, we want to remind you about several new policies and procedures that are in place, both for the specific departments and the broader SJCC facility.
Please review these policies before you come to the J to swim, take a class, or workout with your trainer. Take a look at the video above as our Senior Fitness Manager Josh Cross walks you through what you need to know.
View a tentative reopening timeline here >>
Just Added! Weekend Lap + Family Swim
Please review all the new policies and procedures below for visiting the J and review the lap swim policies here.
Here’s what you need to know for family swim:
- One family per lane (max of four per family)
- Sessions are 45 minutes
- Reservations are required; each family can reserve one spot per day
- Locker rooms are closed, please come dressed for your swim
- Bring your own towel and water bottle
- Find the schedule and reservation instructions here.
Policies + Procedures For Everyone Entering the J
Before You Arrive:
- At this time, access is limited to current SJCC members only
- Members will be asked to complete a revised member agreement and waiver.
- Before heading to the J, please assess your health with an at-home pre-screen of yourself and your family members. If you do not feel 100% well, but please stay home and call your doctor.
At the J:
- Upon arrival, we will take your temperature with a no-touch thermometer and ask you a few health-related questions.
- Should you refuse to have your temperature taken, or if we have any concerns that anyone may be carrying the coronavirus, we will ask you to go home and return another day.
- Masks or other appropriate face coverings will be required at all times while in the building.
- Maintain a 6-foot physical distance.
- Please follow posted signs as entry points, traffic patterns, and instructions may change.
- Additional handwashing stations will be located throughout the facility.
Not Yet Available:
- The building is not open for drop-ins; access is by reservation only.
- Locker rooms are closed (including showers, changing areas, sauna, steam room, hot tub) — please come dressed for your workout or swim.
- Water fountains are off-limits (the bottle-filler will be available) — please bring a full water bottle.
- There is no towel service — please bring your own towel.
- Fitness Center, fitness equipment for individual workouts, basketball court, racquetball courts remain closed (see tentative reopening dates here)
Fitness + Aquatics Reminders
Small group fitness classes, lap swim, and personal training are available for current SJCC members. Learn more about what’s open here.
When you come to the J for your workout or class, remember:
- Locker rooms are closed, please come dressed for your workout.
- Bring your own towel and water bottle.
- Capacity for classes and lap lanes is limited and reservations are required. Please click here for details and reservation instructions.