Live this Week on Virtual SJCC & SJCC TV
Join us for another week of virtual content! Workout with your favorite fitness instructors, sign up for our newly launched virtual personal training sessions, get ready for Passover, and more.
Passover Programs & Resources
- Passover at The Time of Covid-19, Why it is More Relevant Now Than Ever – Mon, Apr 6 | 7 pm: Rabbi Olivier BenHaim explores how the story of Passover might give us the tools we need right now to be more resilient in our everyday struggle with continued isolation
- Passover 101: the story, traditional foods to eat (and not eat), and ways to celebrate
- Resources for young children from our Early Childhood School:
- J Kids Live – Passover Edition: We’re live with Camp Directors Dave and Joel every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2 pm in our J Camp Facebook group.
- Monday, April 6: Search for chametz as we prep for Passover
- Wednesday, April 8: Try out a Passover art project
- Friday, April 10: Join us for a Passover Shabbat celebration
- Monday, April 13: We’ll play Matzah Minute To Win It
- For in Haste You Left Egypt: An Un-Seder Experience – Mon, Apr 6 | 7 pm
- Here are some great film recommendations from our Arts + Ideas team for Passover:
- – Short comedy that was a past SJFF winner for Best Short Narrative Film (free on YouTube)
- GEFILTE – Short documentary (free on YouTube)
- STREIT’S MATZOH AND THE AMERICAN DREAM – Feature documentary (free on Amazon Prime)
- Check out all of our partner events HERE.
New! Virtual Personal Training
Get a one-on-one, personalized workout with our amazing personal trainers from the comfort of your home! Contact Josh Cross, Senior Manager, Fitness, to book your session now >>
For Your Community
Help your community from your home! Lend a hand >>
- Pen Pals: Kids + Teens — teen volunteers can help kids practice writing skills
- J Pals: Letters to Seniors — send notes to senior homes to brighten their day
- Make Masks for Healthcare Workers
Live This Week on Virtual SJCC
Live Fitness Classes
All our fitness classes will now be live streaming in our SJCC Fitness Group on Facebook (Join now >>) or through Zoom. Please note, a password is now required for Zoom sessions. Information is listed in the event description on SJCC.org. There are no fitness classes on Thursday, April 9, for Passover.
- Hatha Yoga with Karen – Mon, 9 am
- Zumba with Rochelle – Mon & Fri, noon (NEW TIME)
- Cardio Kickboxing with Alice – Mon & Fri, 1 pm
- Total Body Conditioning with Susie – Tues, 9 am
- Meditation & Qigong with Rebecca – Tues, 10 am
- Dynamic Yoga with Nenna – Tues, 1 pm
- Bootcamp with Nenna – Wed, 9 am
- Chair Yoga with Karen – Wed, 11 am
- HIIT with Alice – Wed, 1 pm
- HIIT with Nikki – Fri, 9 am
Kids + Families
- Navigating Without a Map Webinar – Mon, Apr 6 | 3:30 pm: Two local pediatricians, doctors Don Shifrin and Lelach Rave, provide tips and answer some of your most pressing questions about parenting in the time of COVID-19. Presented by Jewish Family Service and ParentMap.
- Storytime with Early Childhood School Teachers: Live each weekday at 10:30 am. NOTE: There will be no Storytime on Thursday, April 9, for Passover.
- Tot Shabbat with Chava Mirel – Fridays at 9:45 am: Celebrate Shabbat from your own home with songs, challah, and fun!
This Week on SJCC TV
The SJCC TV catalog is growing — with new and exciting content being loaded daily. Check out what’s new on SJCC TV:
- J Community
- Passover Cooking with Jessica
- SJCC TV Replay of Tot Shabbat with Chava
- Hebrew Word of the Day
- J Kids
- Spring Gardening with Vance
- J Kids Live Replays
- J Fitness
- New Senior Total Body Conditioning with Karen
- SJCC TV Replays of Chair Yoga with Karen, Dynamic Yoga and Boot Camp with Nenna
- Early Childhood School
- Storytime and Shabbat Teachers Replays
- Singing and Stretching with Teacher Hallie
Want instant updates when content is loaded into our SJCC TV YouTube channel? Then subscribe TODAY.