On Wednesday, March 11, Governor Jay Inslee signed a proclamation that prohibits large gatherings of more than 250 people. In addition, Public Health – Seattle & King County also issued a Health Officer order to minimize the health impacts of COVID-19. You can read more about these announcements here.
As official guidance continues to change, we are adjusting our programming and protocols. Details are below and we remind everyone to visit www.sjcc.org/coronavirus/ to get the latest information.
These program changes are effective immediately:
- FITNESS & AQUATICS: We continue to make changes to our fitness classes. We have modified our class size limits, and are moving a few larger classes to the gym. Read More >>
- SJFF: The 25th Anniversary Seattle Jewish Film Festival will be moved to a later date (TBA). Read More >>
- NOA CONCERT: Originally scheduled for Thursday, March 12, the concert featuring Noa is being rescheduled, likely to December 2020. We’ll send updates as available. Read More >>
- PURIM: We have realized the rescheduled date for our Purim Carnival does not work for our community; at this time, the carnival is being reimagined. We’ll share details as they become available.
- OTHER: Events and programs are being modified or cancelled. A full list of adjustments and/or cancellations will be updated here as the situation unfolds.
These are unusual times and we appreciate your understanding as programs and guidance continue to shift, and as we send an increased amount of email. We will work hard to keep the community informed and encourage you to visit SJCC.org regularly for current information.
Additional Steps to Ensure Health & Safety
Please know that we are posting updates and linking to Public Health resources here. We also wanted to let you know a few of the additional steps we’re taking at the J:
- Reminding those in at-risk categories to stay home
- Using CDC-recommended cleaning products throughout the building
- Increasing cleaning frequency of door handles, stair railings, and high-use surfaces—including cardio machines, strength equipment, and free weights
- Increasing the supply of cleaning products available for member use in the Fitness Center
- Cleaning all group fitness equipment after each class
- Practicing distancing measures: limiting attendance and/or moving programs and classes to larger spaces to allow for recommended social distancing
- Adding more reminder signs for handwashing procedures around our building
- Adding hand sanitizer stations in high-traffic areas
We are absorbing and processing incoming information as quickly as possible and recognize that this results in an unusually high volume of emails from us. Thank you for your understanding, partnership, and support.